The {PINK YIME} Project for Breast Cancer

YemonYime

Workin' on getting some shut-eye here, but I'll have a formal announcement and pictures in a few hours. These will be on hand first at 10-10-10 Pittsburgh tomorrow. After some much-needed zzz's, I'll stop back and explain what I mean by a "new challenge", and how I hope this coin will generate a ripple effect to last well beyond October.

Workin' on getting some shut-eye here, but I'll have a formal announcement and pictures in a few hours. These will be on hand first at 10-10-10 Pittsburgh tomorrow. After some much-needed zzz's, I'll stop back and explain what I mean by a "new challenge", and how I hope this coin will generate a ripple effect to last well beyond October.

I live in Pittsburgh, but I did not know there was going to be an event. I can't find it on the web, so could you tell me where and when it will be?

I live in Pittsburgh, but I did not know there was going to be an event. I can't find it on the web, so could you tell me where and when it will be?

Look on the Calendar

Edited by Atwell Family

It is the 10/10/10 event in Cecil Park

event link

Very nice coin and great idea. The girl with the tattoo do I know personally, but I guess she don't know what geocoins are. Or it's another girl that looks the same :(

Second, and don't shoot me for my twisted brain, what means the Japanese sign with the two (bomber) planes in the background? At least, it looks like it. If you call that cancer prevention.........;)

pypackage.jpg

{ Pink Yimes for Prevention }

Friends, colleagues and geocoin enthusiasts over the world, it's a true pleasure to present to you my contribution towards the worldwide efforts to raise awareness of the devastating effects of Breast Cancer. This will be a long read, but I encourage you to take the time to do so, because the intentions are noble.

The Pink Yime is the first and only re-mint of a YemonYime geocoin (V3), and will be available on a very limited basis beginning tomorrow at the 10-10-10 Pittsburgh Event.

The Pink Yime has an elegant satin finish, and will come in a custom labelled pink velvet pouch that also includes a pink YemonYime pin. All profits (and some of my costs) from the sales of this geocoin during the month of October will be donated to the one specific charity that I feel can do the most good towards the prevention and/or early diagnosis of Breast Cancer. After October, I will continue to donate a portion of any future sales of this geocoin.

My wife recently turned 40, and we were pleased to find that she checked out just fine in her long-awaited first mammogram. But since cancer doesn't give a dammn* about the number 40, or whether or not you have medical insurance, my hope is to put this relatively small, but significant donation towards some real, tangible action that could possibly make a difference in somebody's life.

There are hundreds of Breast Cancer charities that do wonderful things in promoting "awareness". Yet, as much as we all deeply appreciate their extensive efforts to bring this worthy cause to the forefront, I tend to think that the majority of us are already quite aware.

For the past few months, I've been gathering information from a very helpful website, charitynavigator.org, and I've discovered some pleasant (and unpleasant) information about some of the charities that deal with Breast Cancer. I'd like to hear your opinions and suggestions, and I'll eventually announce my choice of a charity. Please feel free to contact me at this address: pinkyimes@yahoo.com. Please Note: I really don't use PM, and I rarely have the time to check the e-mail routed through my GC account. Please just use the "pinkyimes" e-mail, thanks!

I would also ask that you be patient in your requests for reservations. If I have some remaining after the event, I'll give instructions on how to get these at a later time. Please know that I will have a strict limit of 2 per person both at the event and anywhere else afterward. You'll see why in a moment... ;)

I want you all to know that I've always been very grateful for your support and appreciation of the YemonYime geocoins, Compass Rose Geocoins™, and any of my other designs. I consider myself blessed to be on your radar, and I honestly enjoy giving something back in ways such as this and others that I've participated in before. This is a great community, full of kind people willing to give of themselves for causes they believe in.

At this time, I'd like to address and acknowledge the effect that the eBay aftermarket has on "limited edition" geocoins such as these, and issue a specific, conscious challenge to forever be associated with The Pink Yime Geocoin...

For anyone, who at any time, chooses to resell a Pink Yime Geocoin...I hereby CHALLENGE YOU ON YOUR HONOR, to donate a part of your own re-selling profits to any established Breast Cancer charity. I CHALLENGE YOU to state this in your sale or auction, and encourage others to look for this when they spot a Pink Yime on sale, or on auction anywhere it may be. I'll be doing it, so how about you?

That's pretty simple, and harmless when you consider that this is a cause that will effect someone you know at some point in their life. Even a small amount goes towards something positive, so let that forever be the focus and intention of this specific geocoin.

Thanks for reading, and I'll post an update after the event.

Yime

* Edited for emphasis. :(

Edited by YemonYime

I want place a reservation for at least one of these great coin~~~~ I love them!! I completely agree with you on any profit made from this coin should go a Breast Cancer foundation. I like Susan G Coleman. I wish I could get one in time for the Race for the Cure here in Arkansas next weekend. That would be a great coin to release on that day!! Thanks again for making this coin

;):(:laughing:

Love the coin design (I will definitely be trying to get one!) and the message and the idea! I was just having a discussion with my friend yesterday about how there's more effort put in breast cancer awareness than put into research towards curing/preventing it.

Edited by anne.and.eli

I hope that you will include your challenge with every coin that you sell. Many people don't visit the forums and I think that it is an important challenge to have with the packaging. And hopefully it will stay with the packaging...

For anyone, who at any time, chooses to resell a Pink Yime Geocoin...I hereby CHALLENGE YOU ON YOUR HONOR, to donate a part of your own re-selling profits to any established Breast Cancer charity. I CHALLENGE YOU to state this in your sale or auction, and encourage others to look for this when they spot a Pink Yime on sale, or on auction anywhere it may be. I'll be doing it, so how about you?

I hope that you will include your challenge with every coin that you sell. Many people don't visit the forums and I think that it is an important challenge to have with the packaging. And hopefully it will stay with the packaging...

Excellent idea. Exactly the finishing touch needed here.

As some may know, many of my designs now include a special custom coin flip cover with some cool art to give the coin what I like to call a great "presentational appeal". Now that you mention it, you hit the nail on the head...the challenge needs to somehow be attached closely with the coin itself, so let me see if I can work this into the packaging!

A few more detail pics...

pyfront.jpg

pyback.jpg

This coin is breathtaking. Well done! I always smile at the "extras' you include with your coins, i.e. the velvet bag. Very classy! My mother and a close friend passed away with breast cancer. My mother in law is a 12 year survivor. I pray that a cure can be found for this and all cancers. I'll be looking for further ordering instructions. Thanks for the coin!