Lowrance Endura Out&Back issue

dustmoore

My Endura Out&Back has problems tracking when moving at very low speeds. If I'm moving slow enough (less than 1.5mph) that it doesn't detect the speed, then it doesn't update my position. I'm not concerned about the speed reading but I am concerned about it updating the position when moving slowly. It makes it difficult to find marked underwater structure when moving slowly in the boat.

Is this a known issue? Or is there something wrong with my unit? I just bought it and upgraded to the 1.4 firmware. Any help would be appreciated!

It's not unusual for the directional pointers to lag when changing directions at slow speeds but the coordinates should be updating regardless. If you travel 10-20 feet and the lat/long display remains unchanged, there is either an issue with the unit or you have lost satellites. I presume you realize the estimated range of accuracy of commercial grade handhelds is approx. 3 meters. It is possible that under certain conditions the unit might not update its position within that range.

It's not unusual for the directional pointers to lag when changing directions at slow speeds but the coordinates should be updating regardless. If you travel 10-20 feet and the lat/long display remains unchanged, there is either an issue with the unit or you have lost satellites. I presume you realize the estimated range of accuracy of commercial grade handhelds is approx. 3 meters. It is possible that under certain conditions the unit might not update its position within that range.

Thanks for the input. I can understand the direction pointer being off...but the position of the pointer doesn't move at all. I can go 25 to 30 feet very slowly and it will not update. I've got good signal reception. I'm thinking it's a software issue...because it works fine when walking at a normal speed. It may not affect most people because they don't walk that slowly (of course my issue is when I'm in the boat trolling and trying to find structure). I'm interested to hear from another Endura O&B user to see if they have the same issue.

Thanks for the input. I can understand the direction pointer being off...but the position of the pointer doesn't move at all. I can go 25 to 30 feet very slowly and it will not update. I've got good signal reception. I'm thinking it's a software issue...because it works fine when walking at a normal speed. It may not affect most people because they don't walk that slowly (of course my issue is when I'm in the boat trolling and trying to find structure). I'm interested to hear from another Endura O&B user to see if they have the same issue.

I understand your situation, but at the speed you describe (~1.5 MPH) the directional pointer will most likely not have enough input to rapidly indicate course changes. I suppose it could be considered a software issue, however I'm not sure other brands of handheld units would react much differently under the conditions you describe. Hopefully someone else will elaborate...