Caching on four continents

I just got back from a full day out where I only found one cache. However, although it was a virtual, it was located about 1/2 up some very steep terrain near one of the towers on the Great Wall of China at Badaling. With this find I've now found geocaches on four continents, all within the last year. I'm going to be in Costa Rica in February, but from what I understand most Americas consider central america to be on the north american continent, latin americans consider it to be on the "American" countinent, which is divided into three regions.

The Great Wall cache was spectacular. It's rated a 3.5 of difficulty and the steepness of the climb certainly merits the rating. The views in many directions are amazing. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

How very exciting! Thank you so much for sharing. We've got plans in the works to at least visit Machu Picchu in the next couple of years, and to go to Ireland. I would love to visit the Great Wall. There are so many wonderful places in this world to travel (and cache). I would also love to see some pictures.

Awesome! What's the ID# for the cache btw? Hoping to finally make it to China next year, so it'd be good to scope out :rolleyes:

I did a semester abroad in New Zealand and a trip around the world to Asia, Europe, and Africa last year- all before learning about geocaching! So while I kick myself about that I WILL be hitting up continent #6 in my travels next week- going to Argentina for work, and there's all of about three caches I might be able to pick up during the two weeks (hoping the Aconcagua virtual cache will be one of them though, the highest mountain in the Americas!). So with that I'll have cached on 3 continents thanks to a week in Europe last March- and with a little bit of luck I hope to catch up on ones missed in the past sooner instead of later.

How very exciting! Thank you so much for sharing. We've got plans in the works to at least visit Machu Picchu in the next couple of years, and to go to Ireland. I would love to visit the Great Wall. There are so many wonderful places in this world to travel (and cache). I would also love to see some pictures.

I'll post some more pictures probably tomorrow or some time over the weekend. I didn't get as many as I would have liked since I left the flash card from my camera in my laptop after downloading pictures from the day before and my battery in my iPhone finally died near GZ of the cache.

I *thought* I might have a good chance at visiting Machu Picchu last year when a tentative meeting was being planned by one of the members of an international task force I am a member of. He lives in Iquitos, Peru and offered to hold our next meeting there (when we were meeting in Addis Ababa). Unfortunately, funding for travel for all of the members couldn't be obtained so some of us met in Montpellier, France at conference a few months ago (not that Montpellier wasn't a joy to visit). Who knows, maybe a visit to Iquitos (the largest city that is not accessible by road in the world) will happen in the future and I may still get to see Machu Picchu.