Best Stats software or website

mwahppets

Whats the best software or website for processing my stats for putting on my profile?

I tried using MyGeocachingProfile.com but it has lots of inaccuracies. for example its missed out logs on some days, and so it hasent recorded accurately my longest run of consecutive cahing days!

I the downloaded GSAk but this looks so complex i have no idea what is happening!

I use mygeocachingprofile.com and haven't found any problems.

According to the mygeocachingprofile site, you last uploaded your myfinds PQ on 22nd October (not sure what date the PQ was run) ... with 20 days consecutive days caching.

I would recommend that you run a new myfinds PQ and upload that to see what results you get.

If you still think it is a problem, double check the date on your logs .... and then contact mygeocachingprofile.com

If there is a bug in the software, I expect they would be pleased to find out so that they can fix it.

I don't use GSAK, so can't comment on that.

Whats the best software or website for processing my stats for putting on my profile?

GSAK and FindStatsGen has to be the best because it's so flexible

There's probably oodles of web pages with instructions on it but here's a cribsheet I wrote for a couple of local cachers and they got on with it fine... :anibad:

Mark

just tried this and both have errors. and missing some days. have a look! It says my consecutive run is 25 while i have actually done more than this

Talking of duplicate logs on caches, our stats say we have 370 finds on 369 caches. We've hunted through them but haven't found which cache we've logged twice. I don't suppose there's a really handy program we can run our finds through to find it?

(we're just living in hope!)

If not we'll just go back to hunting through the log pages, but we thought we might as well ask.

Talking of duplicate logs on caches, our stats say we have 370 finds on 369 caches. We've hunted through them but haven't found which cache we've logged twice. I don't suppose there's a really handy program we can run our finds through to find it?

If not we'll just go back to hunting through the log pages, but we thought we might as well ask.

Cachestats will do that for you. Download and install it, then load a MyFinds PQ into it, and on the main screen there is an option to show caches logged as found twice.

There's also a way to do it in GSAK but I am assuming you don't have that?

Talking of duplicate logs on caches, our stats say we have 370 finds on 369 caches. We've hunted through them but haven't found which cache we've logged twice.

I've started using MyGeocachingProfile.com recently and noted that I had more finds than caches! :( But then I realised that I had logged Ye Ole Survey Monuments (GC45CC) cache for three different locations!! :D Are there other (virtual) caches with multiple locations?

I also noticed that I had a cache in Germany even though I've never cached there! :) I reported a possible problem and it turned out to be Fast Forward - Such den Bulli (GCKTK0) the moving cache which I spotted at the Perth Mega but is "based" in Germany. The program has been (will be?) ammended so some people may well notice their German cache total dropping by one!! :)

Duplicate logs on a cache may not be a problem. I've got six duplicate caches. Four of those were locationless caches that allowed finders to log up to two different matching locations, and two were caches that I logged twice on purpose because they were muggled and resurrected in a sufficiently different guise that I felt justified in claiming them a second time when I (finally) re-found them.

Talking of duplicate logs on caches, our stats say we have 370 finds on 369 caches. We've hunted through them but haven't found which cache we've logged twice.

I've started using MyGeocachingProfile.com recently and noted that I had more finds than caches! :( But then I realised that I had logged Ye Ole Survey Monuments (GC45CC) cache for three different locations!! :D Are there other (virtual) caches with multiple locations?

I also noticed that I had a cache in Germany even though I've never cached there! :) I reported a possible problem and it turned out to be Fast Forward - Such den Bulli (GCKTK0) the moving cache which I spotted at the Perth Mega but is "based" in Germany. The program has been (will be?) ammended so some people may well notice their German cache total dropping by one!! :)

YOSM - I rename (include the yosm number after the GCnumber) and edit the gpx file in GSAK so only the one log for that yosm is in the file, and set the corrected coordinates for the yosm I found.

Corrected coordinates in GSAK should place the German cache in Perth for your stats...

Mygeocachingprofile.com will do that too - if you go to the Build My Profile section there's a bit fairly near the top that shows the caches with multiple logs. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you when all your logs were entered but once you've homed in on the right cache it should be easy enough - just search for your name once all the logs are listed.

The GSAK macro MultiAndAllFinds.gsk will do that

Just an update.

Last night you guys told us about a couple of ways to find the duplicate found logs, but it was quite late so we thought we'd wait until today to run it. We woke up this morning to an email from Litte Angellica who had done it for us! So a big thank you to Little Angellica, aka Karen, for saving us the hassle!

We've now found the extra log - it was one of our first finds that we'd revisited to drop a TB - and it is now a note, so the count is right.

Just goes to show there are some really awesome cachers out there. Thanks everyone for your help. :)

As to your days in a road cached, if you use field notes they are in Seattle time on some devices. So if you log early in the morning in Edinburgh it can still be the previous day in Seattle. That might account for the loss of consecutive days.

Good point! The iPhone app used to do this as well

Logging a find early in the morning would log it as the previous day :)

(not sure if it's fixed now as we don't normally log that way)

Mark