Magellan Explorist GC

mykegeegee

Well, I haven't turned my GPS on for a week now, was wanting to head out and all I'm getting is the loading screen. I've emailed Magellan in the hopes that they will be able to tell me how to restore settings back to factory default, and yes, I've found the reset button but I'm in a continuous loop.

I did uninstall the software, and randomly was able to connect to the USB, yet after unplugging it to see if everything was Ok, I'm back at square one.

Does anyone know how to reset to factory default?

I found this:

To reset the eXplorist GC, open the USB cover, insert the end of a paperclip into the small reset hole, and the eXplorist GC should reset and re-start.

from here:

LINK

I know the main problem is a little different but it does tell you how to reset it. I just don't know if it resets it to factory defaults or not.

there are a few threads here about this verry problem. some have had luck getting it to work again, some have not.

calling support they should be able to walk you through it but make sure they go slow enough for you if you are not techy.

good luck. we have had this trouble 3 times so far and 2 of those have been returned to store with the 3rd still sitting on the desk. the 4th one is still working fine so far. this one has lasted the longest at 2 months.

Monty

there are a few threads here about this verry problem. some have had luck getting it to work again, some have not.

calling support they should be able to walk you through it but make sure they go slow enough for you if you are not techy.

good luck. we have had this trouble 3 times so far and 2 of those have been returned to store with the 3rd still sitting on the desk. the 4th one is still working fine so far. this one has lasted the longest at 2 months.

Monty

I finally got it to work by following the thread about upgrading to 1.4 firmware, I did that with the instructions on how to get it to go into developer mode, and the results confirmed that the suggestion worked.

cheers and thanks to all that posted :unsure: