Not Watching My Own Cache - Help!

buzzy_cacher

Suddenly, I am not receiving email notifications when a log is posted on my caches. I am, however, receiving messages sent from other users through geocaching.com. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and, more importantly, how to fix it.

My primary validated email address is correct.

Edited by buzzy_cacher

Suddenly, I am not receiving email notifications when a log is posted on my caches. I am, however, receiving messages sent from other users through geocaching.com. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and, more importantly, how to fix it.

My primary validated email address is correct.

Hey buzzy.

A couple of ideas - one, I'm sure you already did this, but it's probably worth checking your spam folder. You might want to take the time to whitelist geocaching.com regardless.

Is it a lot of missing messages? In the past, sometimes when people have logged caches using the WAP site I haven't gotten email notifications. If you're just missing a message or two, it *could* be that. How many messages are missing, on how many caches, and how long has this been going on?

Google currently has emails from Groundspeak marked as spam, so yes, please check your spam folder if you use a gmail email address. If that doesn't work, contact Google and ask them to allow emails from our IP address:

This is the originating IP for all mail from Geocaching.com. Once they allow emails into your regular email, this should work just fine.

This is mainly affecting notifications, including cache owner notifications.

If you are still having issues, please email contact@geocaching.com and the community relations team is happy to help.

Happy caching and Happy New Year!

I have realized that a lot of emails have gone to my spam folder as well- I just created a filter to send them back to the inbox of my gmail.

A filter is not really necessary. Just add "noreply@geocaching.com" to your contact list and all will be well. Gmail won't send anything to the spam folder if it's from one of your contacts.