Great Caches in London

GC1W72W RE Hedges (1973) is a challenging and interesting cache. Nearby there's GC214CT Under The Boardwalk which is always popular.

There are some very good multis/puzzles around that will take a while to solve e.g. GCYCDM London Invasion.

Yes, London Invasion is the one which popped into my mind. It's doable in an afternoon, it's great fun spotting the aliens (that'll make sense when you read the cache page) and there's a nice twist towards the end where you have to use the information you've collected to plot a journey on the Tube.

The downside is that the aliens often seem to be in a state of disrepair - not the cache owner's fault, he doesn't own them - so there's a risk it'll prove impossible on the day. From recent logs, I think it's OK at the moment (the one which has proved a stumbling block to many, number 10, is quite a hard one to find). Still, since it's a milestone, you might want to have a backup plan.

My favourite traditional cache in London is Last Delivery, largely because of the memorial wall nearby. It's sad but also inspiring.

How about a webcam cache? I see you have only found traditionals so far. We found one on Oxford Street on our trip last October. Be careful to read the cache details as the coordinates where you need to be are different from those at the top of the page.

Or an earthcache could be a good option as you can almost guarantee finding them. We did one on Trafalgar Square.

The Alien Invasion was a great multi. It took us three days to track down all the aliens, but that was because we were not caching 100% of the time.