Not receiving "Publish" notifications

hirtle

Several of my gc buddies are not receiving the publish notifications, over the last 5ish days. The only threads I can find relate to find notifications or spam filtering.

I use gmail, but the messages for find logs, watchlists and trackables are arriving. Publish notifications are not. They are also not in my spam folder.

Anyone else with this problem / geocaching.com have any comment?

I just tried pulishing a cache within one of my own published notification areas (using separate test user and test reviewer accounts) and the notification came through immediately. Any additional information you can provide, such as other usernames experiencing the problem, etc.) might help to narrow down what and if something is going on.

Every now and then I also miss getting 1 or 2 "Publish" notifications or sometimes they are a few hours late. The last time I did not get a notification of a new cache was 01/19/2011 with GC2MMPW "Opposite Field Homer".

As someone that chases the FTFs, it has been both a good thing and bad at the same time. When I'm at home checking the web site and get lucky to see a new listing that didn't go out over my phone, then I know that I have a very good shot at being the FTF. But when I'm out caching and discover that I was just a few blocks from GZ when a cache was published and did not get any notifications, then I don't like it so much. :lol:

I'm not saying that I want to see this happening more often, but it does play with the balance of the game. It just makes me realize I shouldn't rely on my smart phone as much as I do for notifications. After all not everyone has this advantage. :ph34r:

Every now and then I also miss getting 1 or 2 "Publish" notifications or sometimes they are a few hours late. The last time I did not get a notification of a new cache was 01/19/2011 with GC2MMPW "Opposite Field Homer".

I had the same one miss me, it showed up in today's PQ but no email.

ETA: I did get notifications on 1/18, 1/20, and 1/21 (one each day).

Edited by The Jester

I did get this reply from the GC support "Good news (sort of) - IT has confirmed that your emails have NOT gone out, which means we can definitely narrow down this to something on our end. That gives us something to go on; investigation is continuing."

I did get this reply from the GC support "Good news (sort of) - IT has confirmed that your emails have NOT gone out, which means we can definitely narrow down this to something on our end. That gives us something to go on; investigation is continuing."

I got an 'Owner' notification saying one of my caches had been found about 10-15 mins ago, but normally I'd get another notification as well as I have all caches of all types in an 80km radius set to tell me if someone found it or not. The another notification as only just come through.