How to enter raw coordinates in iphone app ?

Nihilit

Hi everybody,

I got the iPhone app and everything works fine.

But how can I enter raw coordinates (e.g. N 51 28.947) as target ?

It seems I can search a cache close to me, by address and by GC code, but I did not find a way to enter coordinates.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

You really can't search for caches via coordinates in the iPhone app. The only place you can enter coordinates is on the "Navigate to cache" map page of the cache that you are looking for or have found. On this map page is a small flag in the upper right hand corner in between the "Map type" tab and the "Compass" tab. Here you can enter raw coordinates for the next stage of a multi or the final coordinates of a puzzle that you solved at the location.

If you navigate away from this cache page after you have entered the coordinates, they will be lost and you will have to reoeat the process all over again to enter them.

Good Luck.

Edited by ao318
If you navigate away from this cache page after you have entered the coordinates, they will be lost and you will have to reoeat the process all over again to enter them.

Not quite true - it's better than that.

Ensure that the cache where you have added the new waypoint is marked as a favourite. You can then exit that cache (or even exit the App completely and turn your phone off) and when you return it will remember the added waypoint(s).

For example, the other week I did a Multi, where I had to bail out half way through due to time. I had already entered and found two intermediate waypoints and then decided I didn't have time to get to the third, but I did add it as a waypoint. I flagged the cache as a favourite. Days later, I returned to complete the cache and all my added waypoints were still available on the phone for that cache.