why can't the computer see my manually made waypoints on 62S?

cadtenchy

Went out yesterday, and today with the 62S to take some readings to average for placing a cache. Today I also took a 60CSX as well.

Connected both to the PC in turn, and downloaded the 'marks' from 60CSX into mapsource no problem, but it, and memory map, seem to think there are no marks in my 62S. They both find the tracks.

What gives??

I did exactly the same on both units, press Mark, OK it. Mine appear on my GPS screen so they obviously are in there.

I couldn't see where they were sored using windows.

And while I'm at it, is there a way to make stupid mapsource prompt you to save? Because I downloaded the 60CSX marks, then deleted them from the friend's unit so he couldn't cheat, and closed mapsource and lost the lot. Grrrr.

..... it's annoying if I load yesterday's, then load today's, yesterday's disappear......

Have you tried this?....

1) Delete all gpx files in the garmin/gpx directory ( back up any that you want to keep )

2) Unplug usb from PC

3) Reboot GPS. wait for it to fully load the map screen.

4) Reconnect usb

5) Load the new gpx files to the garmin/gpx directory and copy across those that you saved and want in the gps

6) Unplug usb from PC

7) Turn on the gps and view all details in the gpx files incl new caches.

I think this is one of those things that Garmin claim is GC.com fault..... I dont know why tho...... just read it in another thread.

The above works everytime for me on the 62s - a pain I know, but at least it works for me.....

Hope this helps.

Steve

..... it's annoying if I load yesterday's, then load today's, yesterday's disappear......

Have you tried this?....

1) Delete all gpx files in the garmin/gpx directory ( back up any that you want to keep )

2) Unplug usb from PC

3) Reboot GPS. wait for it to fully load the map screen.

4) Reconnect usb

5) Load the new gpx files to the garmin/gpx directory and copy across those that you saved and want in the gps

6) Unplug usb from PC

7) Turn on the gps and view all details in the gpx files incl new caches.

I think this is one of those things that Garmin claim is GC.com fault..... I dont know why tho...... just read it in another thread.

The above works everytime for me on the 62s - a pain I know, but at least it works for me.....

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks for the reply. I'll look at that next time.