Caching with a truck or RV

Although the website over there has been quiet due to the passing of our webmaster, GeoTruckers.com, the group for those who cache with larger than normal vehicles is still alive as long as we are caching. I for one don't intend to stop soon, but could use some help getting new caches to enter onto my bookmark lists which I happily share below for other drivers, RVers, and vacationers who wish quick finds along the highways.

Simple cache requirements to be bookmarked are;

1. Listed with Geocaching.com for quick retrieval of cache info.

2. Must be safe and legal parking for a truck/trailer within a mile. No private property unless that business typically offers parking to these vehicles. Example, a truck stop is acceptable, a shopping center parking lot is not.

3. Rest areas must be open to large vehicles (there are some that are not).

4. Safe access to the cache, for example no walking across the interstate or dodging traffic.

6. North American continent only at this time. Perhaps later for the lorry operators and trainmasters in other parts of the world.

I would ask that cache owners wishing to be included in my bookmark lists mention on the cache description where to park our large cachemobiles, example; large vehicles may park at XYZ truck stop, .4 miles distant from the cache. This would allow us to get the brake set with the minimum of effort and to know instantly whether our time schedule allows us the time to go for the smiley. This is not mandatory however, and those who discover suitable caches not on my lists are welcome to suggest them also.

Please send your cache submissions to me though my Groundspeak profile page.

My bookmark lists are;

Southeast US Mississippi east, Tennessee and North Carolina south.

Canada and Alaska

Central USND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, LA, AR, MO IA, MN, WI, and IL.

Eastern USMichigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Virginia, north and east.

Western USArizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Thank you for you assistance. Cache on!

For your western bookmark list, we have a series of caches that are intended for large rigs with ample, safe parking. The first one in the series is Trucker Stop 1. There are 18 active caches in this series.

John

My first concern was shoulder parking, but checking it on Google Earth (down to street photos even) I could see that was at one of the wide spots often used for taking breaks in the west. Have used these a few times myself. Will be a bit getting the series checked and added, spending some time getting Trucker Buddy Intl. business taken care of as the truck show season is beginning soon. These will certainly add to the caches available for truckers and RVers out that way. For all of us, many thanks.

There's a lot of rest stops with caches in them in WA.

You probably already have them on your list I would imagine, but I wonder if there is any easy way to check your list to see if they are there, without my having to go page by page through the 147 (or however many there were) pages for WA state?

Can't think of anywhere near here at the moment, there was a micro at the ferry terminal at Swartz Bay. I have to ask - do you have a REALLY BIG travel bug on your rig?

At one time, rig was a TB. New trucks make it very difficult to put a magnetic tag on them, thinking on that problem.

There's a lot of rest stops with caches in them in WA.

You probably already have them on your list I would imagine, but I wonder if there is any easy way to check your list to see if they are there, without my having to go page by page through the 147 (or however many there were) pages for WA state?

Saw this and got to thinking. Scrolled a map until I spied a rest area with cache, the opened that page and checked for bookmark lists. Sure enough, mcrt has one that led me to rest areas, and I was able to build from there. His list added, and some new ones as well.

The only two I've found that would fall into that category are below. (southeast)

I'll be keeping my eye out for more though. Got friends and relatives in your line of work. Glad to see someone looking out for their caching needs.

GC20CK8,

GC25GWE

Always happy for new additions. Thanks