No Smileys on My Map Pages

Jffok

Up until the last couple of weeks when I would be on the enlarge mag page the caches that I had found were smiley faces and unfound caches were the green treasure chests. Now all my finds have turned back to the green chest. When looking to see where a particular cache is located on the map it is very difficult to pick the right one. What has happened? Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated because this is really a problem if you are looking for unfound caches in an area. Plus we all like to see the happy faces.

Up until the last couple of weeks when I would be on the enlarge mag page the caches that I had found were smiley faces and unfound caches were the green treasure chests. Now all my finds have turned back to the green chest. When looking to see where a particular cache is located on the map it is very difficult to pick the right one. What has happened? Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated because this is really a problem if you are looking for unfound caches in an area. Plus we all like to see the happy faces.

I have the same problem. I get a message on the right of the map saying 'Personalization of the map is currently unavailable. Please try the Geocaching Beta Maps in the meanwhile!'. When I switch to the Beta Maps and enable personalization, I get my smileys back. Could they be weening people off of the old maps and onto the new one? :)

Edited by Mr Elusive

old news and about a zillion threads about it

do you see the message on the right hand side of the map?

Personalization of the map is currently unavailable. Please try the Geocaching Beta Maps in the meanwhile!

I am having the same issue. I have notified geocaching.com of the issue and am still waiting for a response. I also saw the message about the personalization not being available so I switched to the beta map. My smilie face returned but only for about 5 minutes and then disappeared again even though the settings were not changed. I messed around with it for a while after that with no success. I will post any reply I get for geocaching.com but I have a feeling that this is only a temporary glitch.

Happy Hunting :)

I believe (though I could be very wrong) that they are currently attempting to update the maps and whatnot. I'm not very tech-savvy but I think I remember reading this when I tried to pull up our local map. Seems to me they have acknowledged the issue and it's because they are switching some things over and making some changes to make our maps a little better and user friendly. We haven't had this issue but we got a pop-up informing us about some changes. It'll fix itself soon - no worries! :smile:

Edited by CarolinaGeOCocks

Same problem here: I want me Geocachning Maps BACK ! Its quite difficult to search for unfound caches wth all my finds poping back up.... Give me back my :):):):):):)

At this point the Beta Maps dont work that great either...

So don't fix it, if it's not Broken ! :anibad:

dodetrexer