How to report membership purchase troubles ?

courdi95

Hello,

I renewed my premium membership a few days ago, but there was a trouble. Instead of taken into account the anniversary date (6th of may, which has displayed before I renewed), the web site decided to put a completely false date : 11 th of april !

And my renewal was done on 28th of april ...

The other problem is that I did not find any way to contact Groundspeak, except opening a request in the support center web site, with an 'automatic' reply message from Dany telling me to wait ..... But without any scheduled date for solving the problem.

So how to contact Groundspeak for such problems ? And how to get quick solving of my problem ?

If you've opened a ticket, you probably ought to wait, and not also email.

If you must also email, please reference the ticket number.

Otherwise two different people will end up handling the same issue. It won't get it done any faster, and might cause one person to step on another, as well as using twice as much staff time.

I had the same problems last week.

My renewal date is also the 6th of May for PM, starting Basic membership was 11th of April.

Before send the request the date was correct: 06/05/2011 to 06/05/2012, after sending the request the date was now: 11/04/2011 to 11/04/2012.

I send an email via the support site (I think as a general request) where I described what happend -> that the date was changed/choose the not automatically renewal of membership. After some minutes I get the reference-number. And within 24h a second mail, with apologize and the message that the date is now corrected and that they investigate this issue.

I had the same problems last week.

My renewal date is also the 6th of May for PM, starting Basic membership was 11th of April.

Before send the request the date was correct: 06/05/2011 to 06/05/2012, after sending the request the date was now: 11/04/2011 to 11/04/2012.

I send an email via the support site (I think as a general request) where I described what happend -> that the date was changed/choose the not automatically renewal of membership. After some minutes I get the reference-number. And within 24h a second mail, with apologize and the message that the date is now corrected and that they investigate this issue.

it is good for you :rolleyes: but not for me :mad::mad: : could you give the mail @ you send your request ??? ?

Edited by courdi95

I using the formular:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request

How would you categorize this request?: General inquiries

But it seems that other has the same problem. Perhaps I was one of the first which report it.

Then more people report it and it was to much to corrected the date for this people one by one. So it was more important to resolve the issue.

You have a reference-number. Wait until tomorrow after the update. And when nothing changes to you issue you contact them with the reference number like it was written in the confirmation for the request.

If you submitted a ticket, this enters the same email queue as if you emailed contact@Groundspeak.com or contact@geocaching.com. You can submit a ticket here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request

As others have said, we try to answer emails as quickly as possible. If you already submitted the ticket, we'll respond to you in email shortly.

With this expiration issue, we are aware it may only be extending it 1 year minus 25 days and our developers are looking into this. Usually, but not always, we (the Community Relations team that respond to your emails) can correct the expiration date ourselves, other times, the developers have to fix it on the payment end so it may take an extra day or so.

Long story short, if you see this happening and just renewed your Premium subscription, please contact Groundspeak by emailing contact@geocaching.com and we'd be happy to correct it for you.

We'll get this bug sorted quickly so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks and happy caching!

I have submitted a ticket on 28th of april !!!!!!!!!!!!

https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request.check&id=122548wuokfn

My memberdhip is still wrong. !!

Now that we have a new and beautiful site, it is time to care about that problem : this a message to Groundspeak and geocaching.com web masters.

Hi courdi95,

Dani responded to your ticket on 28 April. As we have said in this forum and in the email, we are working on fixing this bug and will have your expiration date corrected shortly, well before your expiration date. In the meantime, enjoy the Premium features for the next 11 1/2 months.

The best way to reach us and follow up on any issue is to reply to the email you linked to above. Usually, we don't read every forum thread since we are busy keeping the hamsters running (that's why we have the fabulous forum moderators!)

Thanks for your patience. We will let you know when your account's expiration date is corrected.