Beta Maps - Ability To Create Pocket Query?

I'm really liking the new beta maps, but with personalization disabled on the "regular" maps, does anyone know if the ability to create a pocket query based on the map you're viewing will appear on the new beta maps as it did with the old maps? That's a feature I used quite a bit.

[Edit]Just realized the typo in the title and the forum won't let me edit that part. Oops![/Edit]

Edited by obsidianspider

I'm really liking the new beta maps, but with personalization disabled on the "regular" maps, does anyone know if the ability to create a pocket query based on the map you're viewing will appear on the new beta maps as it did with the old maps? That's a feature I used quite a bit.

[Edit]Just realized the typo in the title and the forum won't let me edit that part. Oops![/Edit]

You could do that?? Learn something new every day.

At this time, I believe that you need to switch back to the old style of map before that option is available. I use the Create Pocket Query from Map option very frequently. I like that it translates the viewable area on the map into the radius for the PQ, but I sure wish it would carry the other map personalization attributes over, as well. Maybe (hopefully) that will be included in the new maps when completed.

I heard that part of the new website update includes renaming "Pocket Queries" to "Pockety Queries" so actually, you're just ahead of the curve. :ph34r:

Makes sense. After all, they are sort of "pockety".

(seriously... anybody know the history of the strange name, "Pocket Query"?)

My only guess would be that it's a database query enabling you to take the cache data with you in your pocket...

But... it doesn't go in your pocket. It goes in your GPS. Why not "GPS query"? Or, simply "Search Results" (because it isn't the query. It is the results of the query)

After a while, you get so that you don't even think about it, but I remember how strange it sounded when I first heard the term.

My only guess would be that it's a database query enabling you to take the cache data with you in your pocket...

But... it doesn't go in your pocket. It goes in your GPS.

Which goes in your pocket!

But... it doesn't go in your pocket. It goes in your GPS.

Which goes in your pocket!

Never! Goes on the carseat or around my neck, generally, if it isn't in my hand. So, why aren't they called "Hand Queries"?

I think when they were created most GPS units could only hold cords. The rest of the info was printed on something and put in a pocket.

Team Taran

Hmmm, you can put more than cords in GPS's now? That's amazing! What will they think of next? Telephones without wires? That would be cool.