good swag

I'm hiding a micro cache. Any suggestions for swag?

Cachers don't usually expect to find anything in a Micro, and then probably won't have anything to trade which will fit. But when I placed mine, I loaded it up with stone beads, a pin, and a little pack of foreign coins with my cache name and year as a kind of sig item. They pretty much all fell out when the first person opened the container, but one cacher strung the beads and put them back. I still sometimes add a found pathtag.

Cachers don't usually expect to find anything in a Micro, and then probably won't have anything to trade which will fit. But when I placed mine, I loaded it up with stone beads, a pin, and a little pack of foreign coins with my cache name and year as a kind of sig item. They pretty much all fell out when the first person opened the container, but one cacher strung the beads and put them back. I still sometimes add a found pathtag.

it's a mint tin. I pretty much loaded it up, but I still want some suggestions to add more goodies! :grin:

Like an Altoids mint tin? Rubbers, pins, badges are probably all the common things you may have already. I once saw a small pack of playing cards in a decon container.... something I sometimes leave is a guitar pick, quite collectable and a nice swap item I think?

it's a mint tin. I pretty much loaded it up, but I still want some suggestions to add more goodies! :grin:

A mint tin? you mean an altoids container? Those usually qualify for a small.

I thought they were micro

Edited by TheCacheSeeker

Tiny, detailed plastic or rubber animals are good to find (we have swapped in a dinosaur, frog, turtle and a newt) tiny coins, button badges, nail art (I bought some lengths of fruit related nail art & cut it up & put in tiny zip lock bags for small caches), path tags, patches, small bags of interesting stamps, phone charms, silver charms & pendants, polished semi precious gems (named ones in little bags are great), fossils, pretty shells, small stickers (in bag to keep dry), tiny craft items, croc charms, interesting beads, pen nibs, nano cache, tiny pet ID pendant...the list is endless, just think in miniature! :)

I thought they were micro

It is micro, try putting in a pathtag.

I have a micro container that I placed called the "IMF" and I filled it with foreign coins- cache probably could've been a little bigger but didn't have a bigger container at the time. The idea was you could trade coins for other ones, but of course within a year nothing is in the cache, so I need to go restock soon. <_<

Altoids tin - a micro or small? These are the more detailed definition of sizes that existed a few months ago in the guidelines:

Micro (35 mm film canister or smaller –
less than approximately 3 ounces or .1 litres
-- typically containing only a logbook)

Small (Sandwich-sized Tupperware-style container or similar -- less than approximately 1 quart or litre -- holds trade items as well as a logbook)

Regular (Tupperware-style container or ammo can)

Large (5 gallon/20 litre bucket or larger)

A micro is less then .1L

An altoid tin measures: L3 5/8" x W2 1/4" x H13/16" (L93mm x W58MM x H21mm)

The volume equals 0.1086 liters/3.67 Ounces

Since it is .11L/3.67oz it can be argued that a standard altoids tin is a small. Altoids tins are large enough for a logbook, a pencil and small swag items. It could likely hold a logbook, small pencil and a small travelbug or a few geocoings.

570316_200.jpg