New Coin - Home is Where the Cache is, Series 2

EyeD10T

Home is Where the Cache is, Series 2

After we made the 1st version of the Home is where the cache is geocoin, we started thinking that home may mean a different thing to each of us. This version of the Home is where the cache is geocoin is geared to a more urban setting. Whether you live in a house in the country or an apartment in the city, home is what you make it. Geocaches are a lot like that. Some people like going out for a lamp post micro, while others prefer a long hike to an ammo can. Everyone has their own realities and what both a home is and what a preferred cache is may be different to each of us. The important thing is that we are all a community in geocaching, as well as in life. It’s what we make it. :)

The coin comes in 5 platings (Antique Bronze, Antique Silver, Black Nickel, Copper, Satin Gold). They are 1.75" in diameter, are trackable, and have a custom icon. $10.00 each + shipping.

6a24086f-dbcd-46a2-bf0d-aca5bbcb82c8.jpg

Antique Silver

7e8a508f-5cbf-47ec-8155-1ce11881b329.jpg

Black Nickel

504d5d7d-0c51-420e-aceb-0cb766bd7b19.jpg

Copper

b992cbc0-7936-4ce3-b42e-56e1f8610ecf.jpg

Satin Gold

2e803a11-76ba-4ee0-89a2-2db863ffed5e.jpg

Antique Bronze

And here is a picture of the coin in the dark:

9c3a8f36-f425-40b6-9a33-94e8d15fcc4b.jpg

If you are interested in ordering, please send me an e-mail via my profile. I should have these up on my website by the end of the week.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I read a statistic last night that really surprised (and saddened) me. According to the US department of Veterans Affairs, on any given night in the United States there are over 107,000 homeless veterans on our streets. Because of this, I have decided to donate the proceeds of the sale of this coin to the New England Center for Homeless Veterans.

I am asking 11.00 for each coin + actual shipping. It may not be a lot, but I felt that it was what I could offer to those that have done so much for me. If you are interested - feel free to email me if you are interested in a coin or would like any more information about the plight of our homeless veterans.

Thank you - have a good day all!

Edited by EyeD10T

I read a statistic last night that really surprised (and saddened) me. According to the US department of Veterans Affairs, on any given night in the United States there are over 107,000 homeless veterans on our streets. Because of this, I have decided to donate the proceeds of the sale of this coin to the New England Center for Homeless Veterans.

I am asking 11.00 for each coin + actual shipping. It may not be a lot, but I felt that it was what I could offer to those that have done so much for me. If you are interested - feel free to email me if you are interested in a coin or would like any more information about the plight of our homeless veterans.

Thank you - have a good day all!

Very Nice. They have done so much for me too. I see alot of them here in Sacramento. I am finally going back to work after 11 weeks, so I will be able to get atleast 1 of these.

The fundraiser for this coin is now over. It didnt do too well, but I guess every little bit helps. I was able to raise $17.00 through this sale. I will also be donating a little extra to the cause and encourage everyone else to do the same. No vet should be homeless.

If you are interested in one of these coins, please let me know. I am offering a discount ($8.00 + shipping) to forum members.

I want to buy one because of this video...

How do I buy one? I have never bought a geocoin, but I thought maybe this would be a good coin to LEAVE in a cache to raise awareness? Maybe hide it near the local veteran hall and name the cache accordingly? I entered the contest and hope I win, but that doesn't give any money to help out the homeless.

Jen

I want to buy one because of this video...

How do I buy one? I have never bought a geocoin, but I thought maybe this would be a good coin to LEAVE in a cache to raise awareness? Maybe hide it near the local veteran hall and name the cache accordingly? I entered the contest and hope I win, but that doesn't give any money to help out the homeless.

Jen

Thank you so much for the video. I have sent you a message. Please note that I am no longer raising donations through the sale of this coin, but I do encourage everyone to visit some of the charities out there to donate to the cause.