Did you know that PMO owners can see when you looked at their cache?

We learn things everyday and I just learned that PMO (Premium members only) cache has a nifty little feature that allows the cache owner to know that you visited their cache page and I think the time as well.

Did you know that? I sure didnt and dont remember giving consent either to have my wherebouts on the GC site disclosed to anyone else other than Groundspeak themselves.

So how do I go about OPTing OUT of this feature?

Yes on my handful of caches I can see who looked at my cache, how many visits, and when they last visited. It's just neat to look at especially on my puzzle caches. I'm amazed at how many people from across the country/world end up looking at the page for whatever reason.

Opt out? You cannot..... unless you use GSAK or another offline database. Download the gpx and read it offline and go straight to the log page and you'll never show up on the audit log. Really the audit log is harmless 99.99% of the time.

It is like you are worried about being caught with your hand in the cookie jar

It's probably that kind of assumption that concerns the OP.

I just don't understand what kind of cookie the OP is worried about being exposed.....

white-chocolate-chip-cookies1.jpg

I actually prefer semi-sweet chips....new picture please!

I just don't understand what kind of cookie the OP is worried about being exposed.....

I've read of people being falsely accused of stealing caches because of audit logs.

I must be naive....I have never heard of anything like this....

I've read of people being falsely accused of stealing caches because of audit logs.

I've never read it anywhere.

Well, no wonder. You have only been a member since November, 2010. B)

:D

Not that it really matters.....but that is FEBRUARY 2010...

Right. There was a point to my post, however. Perhaps not an obvious one.

Right. There was a point to my post, however. Perhaps not an obvious one.

You zoomed right over my head....maybe that was the intention...no idea.....let me go get some ice cream and I will feel much better.

We learn things everyday and I just learned that PMO (Premium members only) cache has a nifty little feature that allows the cache owner to know that you visited their cache page and I think the time as well.

Did you know that? I sure didnt and dont remember giving consent either to have my wherebouts on the GC site disclosed to anyone else other than Groundspeak themselves.

No such luck in OPTING OUT I actually like the feature, think it is pretty cool why do you care anyway?

No, it is not silly. There are many cachers who wrongly accuse people who have looked at the cache page, but have not logged a found it for the cache in case the cache gets lost.

Anyone have any evidence that this is anything more than a rare occurrence? Anything to show that more people get accused because of the audit log than any other reasons?

No, it is not silly. There are many cachers who wrongly accuse people who have looked at the cache page, but have not logged a found it for the cache in case the cache gets lost.

Anyone have any evidence that this is anything more than a rare occurrence? Anything to show that more people get accused because of the audit log than any other reasons?

No idea. I just said I read about people being accused. I don't know much about audit logs. Found that on Google while looking up more information.

Log out of the GC site, before viewing the page.

That's gonna give you a very blank cache listing.

It will also keep your user name off the audit log.

And it will keep you from being able to view any PMO caches, something you should be able to do as PM.

Log out of the GC site, before viewing the page.

That's gonna give you a very blank cache listing.

It will also keep your user name off the audit log.

And it will keep you from being able to view any PMO caches, something you should be able to do as PM.

Sometime there are trade-offs to be made in life. Besides, you can always get them in a PQ.

Sometime there are trade-offs to be made in life. Besides, you can always get them in a PQ.

This doesn't actually pertain life, it just pertains gc.com. And PQs are not a substitute for viewing a cache listing online.

Geocaching is a sneaky hobby. Angel from Slade_Angel

This doesn't actually pertain life, it just pertains gc.com. And PQs are not a substitute for viewing a cache listing online.

I don't know about your life but geocaching is a part of mine.

I still don't get what everyone is afraid of. An audit log doesn't tell me your name, address, or pin number.