Why the flurry of Premium Member topics recently?

It's not like this is a new topic. I don't think having the N+1 topic on whether it's right/good/fair/useful/whatever is really going to uncover hidden nuggets of wisdom at this point.

Is it something about May that causes this? I didn't geocache last May (I only started in November), so I'm wondering if the veterans have a perspective here. Do people simply fail to see the SEARCH function for the forums.

I just posted in one of those threads...to reiterate an old reply that included links to other forum threads about the same thing:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=274801&st=50

It does seem like this hasn't been the best get-back-outside-and-stop-kevetching-on-the-forums spring. Lots of residual cabin fever that still needs to be vented?

And not one gripe about the even more elitist/exclusive Wherigo caches...I'm always surprised by that. :huh:

In defence of me dredging up my old thread about the radii of PMOC vs ATAU, it is a thread I will bring up every year. My criteria for doing so is either a minimum of one year has elapsed or the change is immediately recognizable as drastic.

To defend the "new topics" in most cases when somebody brings back a ¿dead? thread someone else chastises them for it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

From there it seems that the topics pop up during prime caching season by people who in many cases (not all) feel entitled to find every cache. They don't understand that nothing is preventing them from finding a PMOC except their lack of knowledge or in some instances shear laziness. Yet they would rather rant about vapor beliefs on how exclusionary it is instead of getting the knowledge and finding the cache.

In defence of me dredging up my old thread about the radii of PMOC vs ATAU, it is a thread I will bring up every year. My criteria for doing so is either a minimum of one year has elapsed or the change is immediately recognizable as drastic.

To defend the "new topics" in most cases when somebody brings back a ¿dead? thread someone else chastises them for it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

From there it seems that the topics pop up during prime caching season by people who in many cases (not all) feel entitled to find every cache. They don't understand that nothing is preventing them from finding a PMOC except their lack of knowledge or in some instances shear laziness. Yet they would rather rant about vapor beliefs on how exclusionary it is instead of getting the knowledge and finding the cache.

It seems like there would be a certain variance that wouldn't be as obvious/annoying. I may be wrong (I haven't been here for years and years), but to a large degree, I can understand that people may not always "search" first before posting new. However, when you see multiple threads on the topic ON THE FIRST PAGE of the forum, why repeat it? Can't they at least blink once or twice and see the list of threads that are current and notice that a large # already deal with a topic (in this case PM) and think before they post new? Perhaps READ a thread or two that should pop out to them visually? Or do people just assume that w/o reading a thread that they'll have a novel approach/question? Yours in particular comes off as novel, I thought it was interesting to read it even in the mass of recent PM threads. I just get tired of seeing soooo many repeats in so short a time. To me (your milage may vary), it comes off as lazy...

Some tadpole bumped an old thread, Vater has explained himself, and the guy from Canada figured Audit logs should be a seperate topic. I don't see a conspiracy. :P

I do find it ironic though that some people were telling the small number of "everyone should have to pay for Premium membership" advocates that Groundspeak has many revenue sources, then the same day Groundspeak themselves started a "new Groundspeak merchandise" thread. B)

Some tadpole bumped an old thread, Vater has explained himself, and the guy from Canada figured Audit logs should be a seperate topic. I don't see a conspiracy. :P

I do find it ironic though that some people were telling the small number of "everyone should have to pay for Premium membership" advocates that Groundspeak has many revenue sources, then the same day Groundspeak themselves started a "new Groundspeak merchandise" thread. B)

No no no no NO!

sneetches.jpg

WINNING! :anitongue::anibad::laughing::anitongue:

Now, the Star-Bellied Sneetches (Premium Members) had bellies with stars. B)

The Plain-Bellied Sneetches (Hoi Polloi & Cell Phone Riffraff) had none upon thars. :anibad::laughing:

But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches

Would brag, “We’re the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches.”

With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they’d snort

“We’ll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!”

And, whenever they met some, when they were out walking,

They’d hike right on past them without even talking.

sneetches.jpg

No no no no NO!

sneetches.jpg

WINNING! :anitongue::anibad::laughing::anitongue:

Now, the Star-Bellied Sneetches (Premium Members) had bellies with stars. B)

The Plain-Bellied Sneetches (Hoi Polloi & Cell Phone Riffraff) had none upon thars. :anibad::laughing:

But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches

Would brag, “We’re the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches.”

With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they’d snort

“We’ll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!”

And, whenever they met some, when they were out walking,

They’d hike right on past them without even talking.

sneetches.jpg

Snoogans wins!!!

Honestly, here's what happens:

These forums have a reputation for angst, rudeness, crankiness, and out-right trolling in the larger community. True or not, just ask somebody that doesn't come here and they will tell you all about it. It's not uncommon for cachers that hide out in their own local caching Honeycomb Hideouts and never visit these threads will have discussions that go like this:

Dude: I bet if you post about "X" in the gc.com fourms it will cause a storm of RARRR and a torrent of GRRRRRRRR.

Dood: I bet it would. Those guys are way too interested in the BARGLE YARGLE.

Duder: I'm going to do that RIGHT NOW! It will be the roofulls!!! We will LAWL over it all day long here in the Honeycomb Hideout were we don't have those kinds of threads and arguments!

Dudely: ROFL LOL

That's what I heard anyway.

If you have platinum memebership you even get a star-bellied sneetch souvineir.

LOL! I wish they would do it!

So much of what happens around here translates into Seussian terms. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Anyone who rides motorcycles, but doesn't ride a Harley would understand the PMO/Sneetch debate. :laughing:

If we're ALL caching what does it matter what we cache with or how much we support gc.com? :unsure:

Priceless for entertainment value though. Carry on. :)

People like to argue. Case in point: marriage. Nothing to argue about? Well lets create something.

Do not.

Do too.

OOO OOOO Can I play?

That's not arguing. That's just contradiction! :anibad::laughing:

It is not. It's your fault.

NO IT ISN'T! :laughing:

Yes it is.

People like to argue. Case in point: marriage. Nothing to argue about? Well lets create something.

Do not.

Do too.

OOO OOOO Can I play?

Yes it is.

Hold on! Is this the 5 post argument or are you planning on the full 3 pages with optional OT thread locking and possible temporary bannination? :unsure:

And anyway. It isn't. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by Snoogans

If you have platinum memebership you even get a star-bellied sneetch souvineir.

LOL! I wish they would do it!

So much of what happens around here translates into Seussian terms. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Anyone who rides motorcycles, but doesn't ride a Harley would understand the PMO/Sneetch debate. :laughing:

If we're ALL caching what does it matter what we cache with or how much we support gc.com? :unsure:

Priceless for entertainment value though. Carry on. :)

+1

Do not.

Do too.

OOO OOOO Can I play?

Yes it is.

Hold on! Is this the 5 post argument or are you planning on the full 3 pages with optional OT thread locking and possible temporary bannination? :unsure:

And anyway. It isn't. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now that does raise some interesting possibilities. But somehow doing this in OT just does not seem as much fun.