Restarting a "Missing" Bug

Med14Ross

I had a bug go missing, so I changed it's status to missing. I've remade the bug and plan to re-release it with the copy tag. How do I get the bug's status to change? I've been trying to retrieve it/put in my possession but can't get that to happen. Any help would be appreciated.

If you edit your trackable then you should be able to then change its status.

And, just so you know, you dropped this into the Geocoin Discussions forum. For a TB it really should have been in The Travel Bug forum, even though they configure the same. :)

I had a bug go missing, so I changed it's status to missing. I've remade the bug and plan to re-release it with the copy tag. How do I get the bug's status to change? I've been trying to retrieve it/put in my possession but can't get that to happen. Any help would be appreciated.

I think the first thing you need to do is move is OUT OF your collection. Then you should be able to GRAB it.

And, just so you know, you dropped this into the Geocoin Discussions forum. For a TB it really should have been in The Travel Bug forum, even though they configure the same. :)

Oops, my bad about being in the wrong forum. I barely ever post stuff. Anyhow, I edited the bug but it still will only allow the options of discovering it or writing a note. I've also tried to have other people who I regularly cache with try to grab it and they were unsuccuessful too. Sent an e-mail to gc to see what they say about it.

Oops, my bad about being in the wrong forum. I barely ever post stuff. Anyhow, I edited the bug but it still will only allow the options of discovering it or writing a note. I've also tried to have other people who I regularly cache with try to grab it and they were unsuccuessful too. Sent an e-mail to gc to see what they say about it.

Have you done as DoubleBent suggested above? Is the TB currently showing as being in your Collection?

Check here: http://www.geocaching.com/my/collection.aspx

If it is in your Collection then I think you'll need to click the 'Move to Inventory' link.

MrsB :)