Android v2.0.2 Release Notes

First thing that happened after the installation: Force close. 4 times in a row. :(

5th time, splash screen opens, main menu opens. I click "offline lists" - force close. :(

Could I send a log file from my phone to someone? I've got alogcat installed.

First thing that happened after the installation: Force close. 4 times in a row. :(

5th time, splash screen opens, main menu opens. I click "offline lists" - force close. :(

What device do you use? What OS version? Did this happen before you updated too? Thanks.

Previous version release notes

We released a minor update to the Geocaching for Android Application to address the following issues:

-Addressed force-close/crashing issues

-Addressed Android 1.5 and lower compatibility issues

Problems or ideas? Have your say on User Voice!

Works great on my Samsung Facinate SCH-I500, running SC 2.9 (EB16SC29x_DXC). ACTUALLY, it's ALWAYS worked great even on the base OS.

I have downloaded V2.0.2 and the message was "successfully".

However, even although I am logged on to GC the "Find Nearby Caches" still does NOT function.

I will do a series of screen captures and attach them to the next post.

Jim

First screenshot - all seem well

306692d1-7dae-4a98-b1f3-d5f25f8aa72b.jpg

Second screenshot - still O.K.

e3c56e09-c342-4a93-a72f-82af557d58d6.jpg

Third screenshot - nothing has changed since V2.0.1

4ad5522b-5372-4f78-b309-b7cba6e1b1ce.jpg

and I am stuck right there

Jim

I upgraded the app and started it up. I checked out the souvenirs and there were only two from Germany. Next I searched for nearby caches. It showed them fine except for ones that I had previously found were included. I went and changed settings to not include previously found caches. It seems my settings were not saved during the update. Went back to find nearby caches. The found caches were still showing up but checked. Went back to the home screen. That's when I noticed I was logged in as somebody else. Forget who, but the person with the x-ray of Homer Simpson's head. I tried to switch user but that failed - I got the wait screen. I backed out of the app and started over and now everything seems fine. Very strange. So it seems I was sort of logged on as myself (found caches were checked) and someone else. Very strange indeed.

What device do you use? What OS version? Did this happen before you updated too? Thanks.

Xperia X10, Android 2.1. Happened on the previous edition too, as described in the v2.0.1. topic.

I was able to use the app for some time earlier today. When I tried starting it just now, I got a force close again. Second attempt brought me back to the cache where I had left it earlier today. I went back to the main menu, tried to open "offline lists" - they are gone once again. The same goes for the waypoints that I had added earlier today (final coordinates for mysteries).

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help sort these problems out.

I was annoyed at the slow-start-up problem. Then I deleted all my offline caches, and now the app starts in a reasonable time. Everything to do with offline caches seems unacceptably slow with this app. The databases take too long to create, even from GPX files on the SD card.

I suggest using Geobeagle or GeOrg for PQ-based caching.

When I finally got the app to open, I was logged in under someone else! When I tapped the 'Switch User' button it took me to my PQs. I had to close and reopen the app to be able to finally click the 'Switch User' button and only then did it give me a login screen so I could log into my own account. This is a pretty serious issue. Others have reported it also at the feedback site.

Droid X - Stock Android 2.3.3

Edited by inhUMaine

When using the app today, I found multiple instances where I was logged in as another user. It just randomly had me logged in as someone else. This was obviously happening to others, as if you look at my caches found, there is one cache from June 19th that I apparently logged in Pennsylvania (I was caching in Grand Bend, ON). The cache discovery was that of user mortonfox who also posted the issue on the gc2v8mb cache wall.

When I finally got the app to open, I was logged in under someone else! W

This also happened to me yesterday. This is a very serious security breach.

I opened the app several times yesterday, and was logged in as different users. I could even make a log entry with the other user's account!

HTC Wildfire, Android 2.2.1

Please, please, please, enable move to SD. My phone has a limited internal storage and this app is HUGE - 7.84MB, which makes it the second largest app I have after Google Maps.

me too, please enable move to SD...

I think you can only do that in Android version 2.2 and higher.