Garmin edge 800 and Groundspeak caches

Hi forum people,

I have recently got a garmin edge 800 cycling gps. It is capable of storing up to 200 waypoints and is compatible with gpx files. I have tried the send to gps function on various caches but they do not appear in the goto screen where waypoints are supposed to be. I have tried writing the caches to both the internal memory and the micro sd with the same result. I have confirmed that the files are being written to the gps and I can navigate to them when browsing the gps via the computer. Can anyone shed some light on why they are not showing up?

I can get waypoints to show up on the gps by doing a pq then inporting into base camp then transferring to the gps but if I can get them to show up without this step that would be great. It looks like it should work directly....

Any help or points in the rightbdirection would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

I've never geocashed but thought I'd look into it since I have a Garmin 500 and an 800. After reading your post, it seems like I should have looked a little further before moving ahead. I take it the lack of replies means neither of the Garmin bike computers work with Groundspeak. Am I right? Thanks.

Hi forum people,

I have recently got a garmin edge 800 cycling gps. It is capable of storing up to 200 waypoints and is compatible with gpx files. I have tried the send to gps function on various caches but they do not appear in the goto screen where waypoints are supposed to be. I have tried writing the caches to both the internal memory and the micro sd with the same result. I have confirmed that the files are being written to the gps and I can navigate to them when browsing the gps via the computer. Can anyone shed some light on why they are not showing up?

I can get waypoints to show up on the gps by doing a pq then inporting into base camp then transferring to the gps but if I can get them to show up without this step that would be great. It looks like it should work directly....

Any help or points in the rightbdirection would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan