Viewing Archived Tracks on 62S

Hello All:

I just returned from a long trip out west. Normally I clear the track log before a trip and then save the track and any waypoints as a GPX file when I get home, labeling it "July2011trip.gpx" or some such. This time I find, that because the trip was about 2 weeks, much of the track has been archived. It's all there, I can scroll through the list of archived tracks on the 62s and find it all.

The problem:

When I connect to Mapquest to download it, Mapquest only sees the current track. I've fiddled with no success. How do I download the archived tracks so I can reconstruct the entire trip?

Thanks in advance.

NA0G

Hello All:

I just returned from a long trip out west. Normally I clear the track log before a trip and then save the track and any waypoints as a GPX file when I get home, labeling it "July2011trip.gpx" or some such. This time I find, that because the trip was about 2 weeks, much of the track has been archived. It's all there, I can scroll through the list of archived tracks on the 62s and find it all.

The problem:

When I connect to Mapsource to download it, Mapsource only sees the current track. I've fiddled with no success. How do I download the archived tracks so I can reconstruct the entire trip?

Thanks in advance.

NA0G

MapSource, of course. Oops!

I can find all the tracks in the Archive file, and I've copied them to a new folder on my computer. If I try to open them with MapSource, it will only let me open one GPX file at a time. Kind of useless. What's wrong?

Open two sessions of MapSource. Use one for opening, the second for collecting and editing. Copy/Paste the tracks from opening to collecting.

When finished, save as either GPX or GDB, both will save as many tracks as you care to have in one file. All the tracks must have unique names.

MapSource, of course. Oops!

I can find all the tracks in the Archive file, and I've copied them to a new folder on my computer. If I try to open them with MapSource, it will only let me open one GPX file at a time. Kind of useless. What's wrong?

Open two sessions of MapSource. Use one for opening, the second for collecting and editing. Copy/Paste the tracks from opening to collecting.

When finished, save as either GPX or GDB, both will save as many tracks as you care to have in one file. All the tracks must have unique names.

That's the workaround I needed!

All OK now, but one minor issue--Mapsource does not see any waypoints on the GPS. I found them in the GPX file on the 62, and loaded them as you described above. Trip is now "in the vault", but it would be nice to know why the waypoints aren't being found by Mapsource.

THANKS!

All OK now, but one minor issue--Mapsource does not see any waypoints on the GPS. I found them in the GPX file on the 62, and loaded them as you described above. Trip is now "in the vault", but it would be nice to know why the waypoints aren't being found by Mapsource.

THANKS!

See my post above.

it would be nice to know why the waypoints aren't being found by Mapsource.

I can only assume you're not checking the waypoint box on the import dialog. Tracks/Routes/Waypoints can all be checked or not.

I doubt you need BaseCamp, but Copy/Paste should work for waypoints if all else fails.

it would be nice to know why the waypoints aren't being found by Mapsource.

I can only assume you're not checking the waypoint box on the import dialog. Tracks/Routes/Waypoints can all be checked or not.

I doubt you need BaseCamp, but Copy/Paste should work for waypoints if all else fails.

Well, yeah, when I check waypoints I get a dialog box that says there are no waypoints found on this device. I can only assume the operator reports the problem accurately. Yes, I can copy/paste.