Rewording

Jamie Z

It seems (after reading several threads devoted to the subject) that there are a fair number of people (myself included) that would like to see cache hunters be a little more accurate about logging finds or no finds.

I think most of us don't sweat it too much when we see a icon_happy.gif when the log clearly states that the cache wasn't found, but I think we'd like this type of thing minimized.

It seems there may be some confusion on the Log your visit page. Therefore, I am proposing the following minor changes:

• Change the Found it! radio button to read Found the cache!
  • Change the Couldn't find it! radio button to Did not find the cache!

I think this would eliminate some of the confusion about what it is referring to... Some people seem to think it means the place where they thought the cache was hidden. Also, I think a slight rewording for the icon_sad.gif logs might help remove the stigma that seems to go with it.

Jamie

I think a lot of people use the 'found it', not paying any attention to what it stands for in a post. They just use the smiley face 'cause they had a good time.

Ever notice everybody is willing to give THEIR 2 cents worth but only offer a penny for YOUR thoughts?

Therefore, I am proposing the following minor changes:

- Change the Found it! radio button to read Found the cache!

- Change the Couldn't find it! radio button to Did not find the cache!

Or maybe even:

- Change the Found it! radio button to read Found the cache and signed the log!

- Change the Couldn't find it! radio button to Did not find the cache, or did not sign the log!

it is silly, but some people just don't seem to get it, and sometimes clearer semantics get them over that.

personally, I like very direct labels and signs...like the ones in the UK that say "Danger, you could die" instead of "Danger, high voltage, risk of bodily harm"

:D