Newbie Needs Help...

aussiegirlz

Okay i am new to the whole geocaching thrill... but i am wanting to find out if anyone knows where i would go to or if i can even go to someone to have a geocoin made up? I have a passion that i would love to spread the word about. My cousin was 21 years old when he pass away form Cystic Fibrosis and i want to have a Geocoing made up to honour my cousin and keep his memory alive by making others away from CF... Can anyone help me or is this just something that is totally unreachable???

Thanks,

Lori

Just so you know, a VERY rough estimate is that you can expect to pay $1000 for 100 coins. The actual price will depend on how large the coin is, how many you order, and how many extras you put on such as gems or unusual finishes. You could make just one coin, but you need to put a lot of money into making the dies, buying the tracking numbers, and getting an icon, so most people make a minimum of 50 or 100 coins. Here is a ballpark breakdown of expenses:

dies - about $200 to $300 total

tracking numbers - $1.50 each

custom icon - $150.00

The die costs vary quite a bit depending on whether you want the coin to be 2D or 3D, whether you want text on the edge of the coin, and the diameter of the coin.