Pseudo Geocoins?

Team Wendycat

I recently spotted a photocopied geocoin with the tackable code on it with the note on it saying, keep me moving and that the original was stolen. Cool, weird, opinions?

I have a few new geocoins that I really do not want to lose. I was thinking about photocoying the front and the back on nice card stock and getting it laminated and then attach a "move me" note along with the code to log it. I would keep the original. Weird, Cool, Opinions?

Make sure when you name the coin that you include the word Proxy in it. That tells cachers hungry to find the real deal that they will have no joy here and not be disappointed. There have been too many stories of how angry folks get when they are disappointed to the point of throwing your proxy coin in the trash. Not nice, I know but something to consider. Proxies are a fact of life so if you properly label yours as such you CYA.

Make sure when you name the coin that you include the word Proxy in it. That tells cachers hungry to find the real deal that they will have no joy here and not be disappointed. There have been too many stories of how angry folks get when they are disappointed to the point of throwing your proxy coin in the trash. Not nice, I know but something to consider. Proxies are a fact of life so if you properly label yours as such you CYA.

Good point. Maybe having the word "Proxy" right up there in the name will keep the thieves from getting up off their 'chairs' to go out and steal it. I have two coins that I'm going to send out as proxies; one is a replacement for a coin that has been stolen, and the other is a 2010 Lackeys coin that I don't want to be stolen. Thank you for the advice.