GB Topo Vs TalkyToasters Contour Maps

First of all; sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please move it if so :anicute:

My better half keeps badgering me to get her a GPS so I've decided to buy her an Oregon 450 but can't decide whether to buy it with Topo maps or just use TalkyToaster's (I think that's his name!) GB contour maps...

I'm pretty new to the game, I will only use the unit for geocaching but wondered would I see much real world difference between the maps? And if so, what would the main differences be? Is it worth the £50 extra to get the 450t or not?

I'm not fussed about road navigation or anything really apart from geocaching and I'm in GB.

Would really appreciate some advice if possible :)

Edited by derbygeocacher

Thanks for the responses, I have started to use TT's maps and have also (eek) bought a new Oregon 450, which I purposely bought without maps so that I could exclusively use TT's set.

I haven't used them for Geocaching yet but I have to say they do seem EXCELLENT from what I have seen so far and I'm certainly going to be using them from now on.

I'd recommend that any other newcomers (like me) check them out.

P.S. Thanks TalkyToaster :)

Edited by derbygeocacher

Thanks for the responses, I have started to use TT's maps and have also (eek) bought a new Oregon 450, which I purposely bought without maps so that I could exclusively use TT's set.

I haven't used them for Geocaching yet but I have to say they do seem EXCELLENT from what I have seen so far and I'm certainly going to be using them from now on.

I'd recommend that any other newcomers (like me) check them out.

P.S. Thanks TalkyToaster :)

Also remember that you can contribute back to the Open Street Map project which will make the maps even better. You can correct mistakes and add missing features and streets. Your updates will then appear in the next edition of the TalkyToaster maps.

As others have already pointed out, see http://www.openstreetmap.org/ for further details.

Cheers.