Could you sell the tracking code of a TB on eBay so people could buy the chance to discover it?

Mr Cornflake

Better yet, sell the opportunity to log a cache of yours.

Seriously... legal or not... why on earth would somebody pay you for a "chance" to discover your TB? That also goes against the purpose of discovering, which is to let the TB owner know that their cache is safe and sound where it is supposed to be, even though the cacher chose not to grab it.

IBTM

Seriously... legal or not... why on earth would somebody pay you for a "chance" to discover your TB? That also goes against the purpose of discovering, which is to let the TB owner know that their cache is safe and sound where it is supposed to be, even though the cacher chose not to grab it.

IBTM

i think he means selling it as in the other person takes it and uses it....i.e. paid adoption :lol:

IBTM

i think he means selling it as in the other person takes it and uses it....i.e. paid adoption :lol:

Not according to the subject of the thread. "

so people could buy the chance to discover it?

"

Hi every1, just wondering and I don't want any abuse if this counts as fraud or not etc. So, could you sell the tracking code to a TB you own? Or maybe the question is; would anybody buy it?

Just a question and just to let you know:

I SHOTGUN THIS IDEA!!!

Cheers

Flake

Interesting question, considering that you don't own (as yet) a TB.

If you were to do such a thing, good luck. It would certainly promote "virtual logging" which would get that number locked down permanently.

Unique idea, but it does need to be "shotgunned" -- down, that is... just like a clay pigeon. :unsure:

Hi every1, just wondering and I don't want any abuse if this counts as fraud or not etc. So, could you sell the tracking code to a TB you own? Or maybe the question is; would anybody buy it?

Just a question and just to let you know:

I SHOTGUN THIS IDEA!!!

Cheers

Flake

It's a great idea. I do it all the time for fun and profit. Send me $29.99 +s&h and I'll send you my how to book on the subject.

This idea is right up there with the DVD Rewinder.

I also have those for sale. Did you want manual or battery opperated?

This idea is right up there with the DVD Rewinder.

Or cleaning a compact disc with windex so that the music is reproduced with greater clarity.

I can't sell those cleaning kits any more. The Windex people sued. They said they didn't want to be a part of any "hair brained schemes". I pointed out that I was, in fact, bald. They didn't care.

Between this and the anti muggle initiative, I'm considering that we may be being trolled around here. :blink:

Spot on. Sorry guys, and thanks for all of the (now rendered pointless) answers but....

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL etc.

And thanks to whoever it was who raised the issue of mining 'slivers'. Thanks for making me chuckle.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Flake

Between this and the anti muggle initiative, I'm considering that we may be being trolled around here. :blink:

Spot on. Sorry guys, and thanks for all of the (now rendered pointless) answers but....

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL etc.

And thanks to whoever it was who raised the issue of mining 'slivers'. Thanks for making me chuckle.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Flake

Any chancethis guy is a friend of yours?

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL etc.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Flake

Interesting. I don't know what he did, but Cacahuetes and Backahuetes are both banned. And I suspect Mr. Cornflake will be soon. Oh well, the UK always needed an Ashnikes. Now who is going to step up and be the Austrailian Asknikes? Has to be one out there. :ph34r:

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL etc.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Flake

Hm. Ok, but what is he laughing about? This thread has been much much more sane than so many other threads around here. :lol:

Edited by dfx

IBTM

Not according to the subject of the thread. "

so people could buy the chance to discover it?

"

ooh i guess i should RTFM :lol:

ok that case that is weird, personally i don't even bother discovering trackables that are right in front of me, i just move them along

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL etc.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Flake

Interesting. I don't know what he did, but Cacahuetes and Backahuetes are both banned. And I suspect Mr. Cornflake will be soon. Oh well, the UK always needed an Ashnikes. Now who is going to step up and be the Austrailian Asknikes? Has to be one out there. :ph34r:

See what happens when you log your own hides? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Oh, and lie to the reviewer.

Edited by Pup Patrol
Could you sell the tracking code of a TB on eBay so people could buy the chance to discover it? Legit??

That will get the bug locked down. If you make it a habit, your account will be permanently banned.

I'm sure that is correct if someone complained about it. I know one user that uses a trackable as their avatar here and on their Facebook account, quite a few virtual discoverys are logged on it. I don't really see the harm in it, and I would not complain about a users avatar that happens to also be their trackable.

I'm sure that is correct if someone complained about it.

Well of course. Groundspeak doesn't have some sort of automation that detects the abuse of tracking codes, but once discovered don't assume you can tell people that it will never be a problem.

bd

Edited by BlueDeuce

And the buyer passes the code to everyone they know and one posts it online and Groundspeak LOCKS your trackable.

HAVE FUN!

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL etc.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Flake

See what happens when you log your own hides? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Oh, and lie to the reviewer.

i knew Cacahuetes was a sock just not of who.