Coordinates not right when entered

Flowera

I'll let you guys do the usual stuff... format, datum etc.

One thing that is possible is that she is not 'entering' the waypoint, but downloading the waypoint through send to GPS.

That would give the posted coordinates in the past. Not sure how the recent change would affect it... corrected coordinates.

The other is as was suggested that a step is omitted from the entry process... saving the modified or new waypoint. I've done that a few times with the Garmins I have... one step to accept the entry and one to save the overall change.

Some of the checkers have a download to GPS function as well, that sends the actual coordinates to the GPS... forget which is which, but I think it is there on Geocheck... not sure about what others it's on.

Good luck!

Doug 7rxc

I changed the settings so that I can enter it as degrees, minutes, seconds as opposed to just degrees and that almost helps BUT

when I enter the coordinates now, it automatically changes 40 02.682 to 40 03.082 no matter how many times I go back and enter it! WHY?!

40 02.682 is in degrees mininutes: dd mmm.mm So if you are entering it as degrees, minutes, seconds, you are entering it wrong. Change it so you enter dd mm.mmm

(I don't have fat finger syndrome) =)

The GPS gives me the options for entry as:

degrees

degrees, minutes

degrees, minutes, seconds <---- this is the one I have it set to. Is that wrong?

Yes that is why it is changing your numbers. The cords are in dd mm.mmm so you must enter them as dd mm.mmm. If you change it to dd mm.mmm it should work.