[FEATURE] Additional filter in Pocket Queries

Its_Dozzie

I am very happy with the possibility to modify the coordinates on the cache page. I typically use that for Unknown caches. Once I solve a puzzle, I update the coordinates to the ones I have found.

Together with Traditional caches, I want to load these solved Unknown caches in my GPS device. So my device contains all caches for which the final coordinates are known.

So, rather than uploading caches one by one, I would like to be able to define a pocket query on caches not found and where coordinates have been updated.

Thanks

Edited by Boswijk Posse

I will probably be ripped to shreds for suggesting a solution that should instead be addressed by Groundspeak on their website, but here goes. Create a bookmark list for corrected coordinate caches. When you correct the coordinates add the cache to this bookmark list. Down on the bottom of the bookmark page is a button to create a PQ from the bookmark. The one question to answer is do the corrected coordinates come down with a PQ? I seem to remember some discussion about that not being the case, but I may be wrong. Of course if you go this way you will need to do some bookmark maintenance as you find the caches.

When the corrected coordinates feature was introduced, the announcement included an explanation that the availability of the corrected coordinates in pocket queries would come at a later date. That's because the issue is bundled up with other considerations present when the pocket query format changes. An example of another planned change is the new "nano" size option. Developers of products/applications dependent upon the format of the pocket query need advance notice of the changes.

And furthermore... In order to select my solved unknown caches with corrected coordinates (e.g. for download), I use private bookmark lists. That's not perfect but sufficient.

But what would be really great is to have a feature in the map, which would allow me to show only the unsolved mysteries in the neighborhood. There are lots of already solved and corrected caches around here which I had no chance to visit yet and which I'd like to filter off. What I'd like to see is which puzzles from the "blue cloud" are still waiting to be solved.

And furthermore... In order to select my solved unknown caches with corrected coordinates (e.g. for download), I use private bookmark lists. That's not perfect but sufficient.

But what would be really great is to have a feature in the map, which would allow me to show only the unsolved mysteries in the neighborhood. There are lots of already solved and corrected caches around here which I had no chance to visit yet and which I'd like to filter off. What I'd like to see is which puzzles from the "blue cloud" are still waiting to be solved.

This feature has already been requested and has been tagged as [started]. Link

This is at least the 2nd time that a new topic has been started requesting this feature (or a veriation of it) so I'm wondering if Features which have been tagged as [started} could be bumped or even pinned so that they appear at the top of the list of topics, I found the thread I linked to above on the second page of this forum section. As a regular forum user I rarely read posts beyond the first page so at least for this forum section it might make sense to bump threads for features that have already been accepted and for which development may already be underway.

This feature has already been requested and has been tagged as [started]. Link

Ok, great :)

This is at least the 2nd time that a new topic has been started requesting this feature (or a veriation of it) so I'm wondering if Features which have been tagged as [started} could be bumped or even pinned so that they appear at the top of the list of topics, I found the thread I linked to above on the second page of this forum section. As a regular forum user I rarely read posts beyond the first page so at least for this forum section it might make sense to bump threads for features that have already been accepted and for which development may already be underway.

Obviously, the challenge is to guess the right keywords for search... I work on this ;)