SUBMITTED (29058) - [FEATURE] Notes Filter for Pocket Queries

skark166

First off, I'd like to thank all you people for your hard work on this new web UI, it looks great. Doesn't work on my old blackberry, but that's ok. Time to upgrade anyway.

The Personal Cache Notes feature is a good feature, I think this is a great tool for Unknown Caches. For fun, I frequently just browse Unknown Caches, solve them then keep the coords in the Notes section. However, I have found that I sometimes loose my notes. So, it seems to me that this probably isn't best practice. It would be nice if it could be though. To be able to keep your solved coords right there in the cache page for a quick look up. And then 'one day' I'll go pick them up.

So, long story short, if there was a way to include a filter for personal cache notes in a pocket query. So that you would return all the caches in the specified area where you have entered a personal cache note.

This could provide a way for people to easily solve unknown caches online while they are bored (much like working on newspaper crosswords). Then they can refer back to them later to go have a solved cache 'pick up' day, or something like that anyway.

Just a thought, use it if you want. :)

Thanks,

Skark166

Edited by skark166

There are a few ideas presented in this thread; I've linked it to one that we have already in our database, the request to provide a master list of all personal cache notes on the user profile so that a person can easily see and access them.

We now provide the ability to "correct" the coordinates on a cache - just click the pencil icon next to the coordinates on the cache page and add your solved coordinates there. These coordinates are what are then included in GPX downloads and PQs (the map is still a work in progress). This might be a better way for you to track and store puzzles that you've solved.

Lastly, as Keystone indicates, we will be including personal cache note contents in the GPX update that we have coming shortly after the New Year.