Oregon 450 battery life

We get about 8-10 hours out of Sony Eneloop 2500's.

What's your setting on your oregon with that? Is the screen on all the time, background light and most detailed maps or not? I have the Oregon 450, and just got a new pack of Eneloop 2500. Bugger: the weather is too bad to test at the moment. But generally the screen on our Oregon switches off after a few seconds and we don't need background light.

My tip for extending battery life: Don't use the compass screen for extended periods of time, especially don't just leave it open when you're not looking at it, even if you have the screen blanking option enabled. Instead, either switch to the main menu when you're not looking at the GPS, or use the map screen (for example with one data field set to "pointer") together with the screen blanking enabled as an alternative. The map screen is the only screen where screen blanking has the desired battery-saving effect.

We get about 8-10 hours out of Sony Eneloop 2500's.

What's your setting on your oregon with that? Is the screen on all the time, background light and most detailed maps or not? I have the Oregon 450, and just got a new pack of Eneloop 2500. Bugger: the weather is too bad to test at the moment. But generally the screen on our Oregon switches off after a few seconds and we don't need background light.

I have the backlight set to max. brightness and 1 min duration. The compass screen is only on when actually approaching a cache....map detail is set to " more ".

I've got everything maxed and on all the time. I dislike having to constantly tap the screen to have it come back on, so I just leave it on all the time at max brightness. I get about 4-5 hours from a set of eneloop hybrids (2000 mAH). I always carry a couple of extra sets of batteries with me, so it's not a problem, for me at least.