New Maps are Useless

Trail Mongers

Why are we going from the frying pan into the fire ???

The new maps don't work on my droid and now no live map on the road.

The big thing is I can't evan print out a map to take with me now...

I really think the caching community is willing to pay the 3 or 4 dollars more to keep the

Google maps.

Come on Groundspeak step up and keep your customers happy.

I agree

Some of the maps even don't work. aerial map...? It works if you just want to see an aria of a few square kilometers, or you want to spot caches by airplane.

Open Street map here in Switzerland is ok. Why no sat-pictures anymore? Sometimes I would like to know the area around.

Now you have to open the thing with an external satviewer.

I don't like this.

Chris

I agree

Some of the maps even don't work. aerial map...? It works if you just want to see an aria of a few square kilometers, or you want to spot caches by airplane.

Open Street map here in Switzerland is ok. Why no sat-pictures anymore? Sometimes I would like to know the area around.

Now you have to open the thing with an external satviewer.

I don't like this.

Chris

I agree

The new maps are absolutely awful, not only no satellite, but the caches themselves don't actually stand out enough on any of the map options (well those I can see, mapquest aerial and topo maps are utterly useless) once you start to zoom out.

At least while they were trialling the new maps, you could select to go back to original maps, does that mean that usage of the new maps was higher (I find it really hard to believe) or that Groundspeak have ignored what people were actually using?

I would definitely pay more to have the old maps back, feeling really despondent right now :(

The MapQuest map that first pops up seems fine for initial searching, but I can't even tell how useful the MapQuest aerial map might be because IT DOESN'T LOAD!!!! I've tried waiting and it never brings up a map. I have come to rely upon the Hybrid maps to really help pin down locations on urban caches, especially. A smiley in the middle of a block is really no help at all. Yes, I can log onto Google maps and enter the coordinates (VERY time consuming), but it will only show that one cache. How about a way to view all the caches in the area (on aerial view) like we used to have. If we can't have our old maps back ($,$,$) can we at least have some aerial view map that works? Or, since Google has recently been noted for bypassing the security on Apple's browser (to prevent cookies), perhaps we can institute a Google-like work around that links each individual user to GoogleMaps. That way Groundspeak wouldn't log any map requests and each individual user would not be likely to hit the number of requests to incur a fee.

Groundspeak...this issue needs to be addressed NOW!! The "upgrade" is a giant leap backwards. If this were a school project, it wouldn't even warrant a grade--just an incomplete assignment. There are so many negative comments concerning problem that you NEED to respond.

I know that I, for one, am reconsidering renewing my premium membership when it comes up if this problem is not corrected. Not a threat--just a fact.