simple things, to help CO's to handle MANY caches..

OZ2CPU

We all know it.. if a CO have made alot of caches, he dont tend to service them,

the problem exist and is easy fix..

if I click on the page: geocaches(yours) they all apear in a nice long list,

but all the information I get is, close to nothing !

OK I can see if a cache is temperary disabled, or archived, and last found,

BUT, I can not see if there are many DNF, or if there are any NM or NA logs !!

I need to click on every cache, one by one, to check if there is any service I need to make.

PLEASE Groundspeak : add as much usefull information to the main list as possible,

help CO's so they can keep their caches in good shape.

The more they know, the higher chance they fix it faster,

yes I know, you get an email, but you get so many, and it is easy to forget.

A cacher can go to their public profile, and click the Geocaches tab, then the Owned caches tab. This list will show Needs Maintenance icons, and disabled caches with strikethrough I see one of yours has NM Icon set. Filter on "last found" to rank in likely order of "okay" to not so "okay".

OZ2CPU owned caches - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=OZ2CPU

Isonzo Karst owned caches - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Isonzo+Karst

None of mine have the NM flag set, one is disabled. And a number with no finds for 1 or 2 years. No DNFs on these, they haven't been hunted.

Many times, when a cache hasn't been found for a year, you're right, there will be DNFs.

The owner can discover that by creating a pocket query of their owned caches (most owners of many caches are Premium members), and opening that in geocaching software. GSAK (and other programs as well) will show those DNF logs or NM logs - indicating a problem. (I tend to visit my caches that have gone unfound 2 years, and post owner maintenance, to reassure people, and myself that all is well).

thanks alot, I actually dont look for cool things like this in the PUPLIC section,

it should have been in my own section, really wierd,

ok this helps alot, now I can very fast see there is a NM and where it is, thanks.

But I miss a found and not found counter, of the last 4 finds :-) of all caches,

this way I can work ahead and make things better before NM logs show up.

maybe it is time make a PQ of own caches and use GSAK..

but I just think it is a shame the GC page is lacking so many fundamental functions,

they really give it all away to GASK and other companies to make it and make money on it..

why not make it so cool and smart, so there is no idea for others to make any kinds of programs ?

Why should GS try to do it all when other people have good ideas? GSAK is a good complement to geocaching.com. And yes, if you own enough caches that you have trouble keeping track of them just using gc.com, then you should be using other tools (such as GSAK). That only makes sense.

Edward