eTrex 10 help

With the 10 plugged in via usb, do you see it as a removable drive?

Look in that drive, under \GARMIN\GPX and see if you see the cache there.

If it's there, it should show up...

You may need to cycle power -- I think it loads the caches at boot -- although that should happen once you unplug the USB cable.

I NEED HELP. i got my eTrex 10 today for my birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Are you using a Macintosh?

thank you!!! :) yes, i use a mac.

With the 10 plugged in via usb, do you see it as a removable drive?

Look in that drive, under \GARMIN\GPX and see if you see the cache there.

If it's there, it should show up...

You may need to cycle power -- I think it loads the caches at boot -- although that should happen once you unplug the USB cable.

i just peeked in the GPX folder on the removable drive and it is empty. eep! i must be doing something wrong but i have no clue what...

oops, i lied. the GPX folder isn't empty. there is a folder called 'current' with a file called 'current.gpx' in it. there is also something called 'garmin waypoints.gpx.' i'm guessing neither of those are the cache i tried to save.

Nope. Those aren't the GPX files. In the GPX folder there should be a file for every cache you download. They will be the GC code of the cache followed by .GPX

alright, thanks...

still not sure how to get them to download. anyone have an eTrex 10 that had the same issues? i'd love to be able to get this thing up and running ASAP but i can't seem to find anything online about it. also the manual for this GPS stinks.

See this post. It's not the etrex, it is the mac/garmin.

Edited by jholly

The full manuals for the new eTrexes are "in the box," too. They're on the device. Just look in Documents/files/pdf. There are versions of the Owner's Manual in about 15 different languages. The Quick-Start Manuals (same document as provided in printed form in the package) are also there in PDF form.

Patty