April Photo Competition

Visit last months winner here March's photo of the month

Many thanks go to Cachabit for organising the Marh Competition. Never thought id actually win one !!

Simple theme for the month Hidden Treasure

Looking forward to seeing your imaginative photo's - Please submit by 30th April 2012 - Good Luck - Have Fun

markandlynn

Quoting previous rules and tips for loading photo's

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload it to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, view your log (not the cache page) click & display the photo, then copy the URL to provide a link. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Edited by markandlynn

I have not yet submitted a photo, so this request might be a bit cheeky. I am wondering whether the intro page above could include a link back to the previous months topic? It would be an easy way to see the pictures and in particular the last month's winner (which was a worthy one). (OK I am being a bit lazy, I could just trawl back through the topics till I found it). Now have I got any hidden treasure I wonder and if so will it stay hidden?

Perhaps the lack of entries this month is an indication of the restrictions that themes put on this. I would like to think that if we dropped the themes and went back to the original idea of just posting your recent caching pictures we would start to see more entries each month.

Just my thoughts, going to crawl back into my hovel now.

Perhaps the lack of entries this month is an indication of the restrictions that themes put on this. I would like to think that if we dropped the themes and went back to the original idea of just posting your recent caching pictures we would start to see more entries each month.

I for one like the theme idea, not that I have been about long enough to enter a non themed event, it gives an extra purpose when seeking out new hiding places and makes you think along the lines of the theme, gives a whole new approach to the experience. I will be posting the photos I took this month shortly.

Edited by cachabit

Hidden Treasure Number One

This is a view of Floors Castle looking over the river Tweed from Roxburgh Castle, Kelso, a rare dry day in April for the area. The Cache “Quest for Camelot” was a very interesting find with very historical links back to 1551. A very topical place as Scotland look to leave England, this castle changed hands 10 times!! take a look at the link to GCGT77

0a62ac4b-36a7-4960-86a2-0ae628164a1f.jpg

Edited by cachabit

Hidden Treasure Number Two

This was a great cache to retrieve, first time for us to capture a cache amongst so many commuter in York. The cache York Micro #9 sidetracked is close to the NRM, National Railway Museum where we discovered Harry Potter’s platform sign hidden in the railway archives. It was a magical day Cache number GC1FAQF

07d2f1d6-cccf-476e-b6e9-e9e4c3fdb5e5.jpg

Edited by cachabit

Agree totally.