field notes on dakota 10

I have a Garmin Dakota 10 and i am able to upload the Pocket Queries to it. The problem comes when after going cacheing and finding the caches ( I mark as found on GPS and usually put a note in the GPS) when i come back home and plug in to use the Field notes (to go paperless) i get 0 returns as found on the return in the Field notes section. When i open the file (geocache_visits.txt) they are there, but the do not come over to the website when trying to do paperless. Any help would be apprecaited.

I don't know whether this is the cause of your problem, but several weeks ago I was having trouble with Gc.com finding my cache notes, and it got sorted out after I deleted the existing file an let the GPSr (in my case, an eTrex 20) create a new one. Evidently it was a corrupted file.

AVOID the use of the quote " character in any of your log entries. That may not be your problem, but use of that character will cause that entry and all beyond it to be aborted.

The upload feature at gc.com is not very robust. As is suggested above, there may be an errant entry (possibly one with a ", but that's not all that will kill the parsing of your upload), and deletion of the file may resolve the problem. Indeed, there is no reason to keep appending new entries to an old file, so deletion of the geocache_visits.txt file from your unit after each successful field notes session is a good idea anyway.