Kentucky HWY 127 Power Trail

I just spent the day grabbing 295 caches along Kentucky's HWY 127 Power Trail. This is a VERY well-maintained trail with solid containers and dry logs! It is not very far from GeoWoodstock X and would be fun for those looking to experience a power trail for the first (or 100th) time B) Only real drawback is that most of the caches are convenient to those traveling southbound along the route. Here is one of the southernmost caches where you can read more about the trail. http://coord.info/GC3C4A5

Kudos to those who set this up and maintain it. If you look at the map, you can see that this one is likely to keep growing over time :cool:

It may be well-maintained by this one guy, but he obviously has aspirations of it stretching from Michigan to Alabama. Wait till he get's a like-minded numbers-oriented cacher in one of the States in between to "help him out", who turns out doesn't give a hoot about maintaining then.

And a U.S. Route, the predecessor to the Interstate Highway system, is far too busy of a highway for a power trail. So there you have it, your first detractor. It only took 4 posts. :lol:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Well I still had fun. I also enjoy dodging cars like George Costanza did in the Frogger episode of Seinfeld :P

Oh, it will get hit like crazy before and after GW. I seriously really am against a 4 lane divided highway, such as a U.S. Route, being used for a power trail. But since this is the 2nd one I've head of in a month, I guess anything goes, as long as it's not an Interstate, where stopping is Illegal. There is plenty of room to pull over on your average 55-65 MPH speed limit U.S. Hihgway, but t his whole hting is not my bag, baby, as Austin Powers would say.

It may be well-maintained by this one guy, but he obviously has aspirations of it stretching from Michigan to Alabama. Wait till he get's a like-minded numbers-oriented cacher in one of the States in between to "help him out", who turns out doesn't give a hoot about maintaining then.

And a U.S. Route, the predecessor to the Interstate Highway system, is far too busy of a highway for a power trail. So there you have it, your first detractor. It only took 4 posts. :lol:

You obviously have not driven US 50 or US 6 in Nevada. Busy? Well if you call a car every 45 minutes or so busy then I guess it is busy. There are plenty of US routes that are fairly empty, but probably not in your neck of the woods.

You obviously have not driven US 50 or US 6 in Nevada. Busy? Well if you call a car every 45 minutes or so busy then I guess it is busy. There are plenty of US routes that are fairly empty, but probably not in your neck of the woods.

No I have never been to Nevada, ever. Maybe though, I hear there's 1,500 film canisters along a certain road. :ph34r:

Yes, definitely written from an East Coast perspective. Although I was thinking somewhat rural east coast U.S. Routes. Not like I considered US 1 through New Jersey. :P I'm not all that crazy, just 2 or 3 weeks ago, a guy from Iowa (whose name I'll never remember, or thread I'll never find) said he was ignoring a U.S. Route Power Trail there, and made it sound as if it were the first time he ever had to break out the ignore listing function.