Android offline searching with GPS off. Why am I at Lat. 0 Long. 0 ?

Rhubarb Man

Hi all,

This is really beginning to annoy me.

If I sit at home and have a list of caches (however obtained, e.g. saved list, local search etc) with the GPS OFF (in offline preparation for a geocaching session), then select 'View On Map', the display assumes I am at Lat. 0, Long. 0, and I have to zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom (you get the idea) into the map to display the small area that the caches are in. Surely the software could look at the boundaries of the found cache area and adjust the map view to cover the required area automagically ??

Whadiya reckon ?

Rhubarb man.

i reckon you are totally right!

centering on the caches in question would be the obvious choice, although i could see the thinking if it went to last known location. but thinking you are in a boat south of ghana wanting to know how to get to that tricky little cache in a park in Edinburgh, not so tasty.

Looks like someone just was programing in a hurry :ph34r: i dont use the app offline but it is a problem that the app wants to default the view to where you are if it knows, or n0 w0 if it doesn't.