bought a garmin etrex 20.......stuck already

To transfer onto your Etrex 20 I connect mine using a usb cable to my pc. It is then recognised as an external drive. If I choose to then explore it when the options come up I can check out the different folders.

If you are a GC.com member then you can create pocket queries to create a file with up to 1000 caches you want to do. The output file from this can be transferred to your gps. Just literally copy the 2 files that are created and then paste them into Computer> Garmin eTrex 20 > (drive letter here) > Garmin>GPX

Then when you unplug the gps from the usb and turn it on it will take a few minutes to sort the caches and then they should be ready for you to find.

the other key thing is to look at talkytoasters maps. They are simply awesome. Instructions on his site on how to use them. they totally transform your gps. I was gutted with the maps on my 30 until I put talkytoasters maps on

Hope that helps get you started, plenty of other threads on here to help

Please don't start multiple identical threads in multiple sections. It makes a mess of people trying to help you.

I'm locking this one in favor of , but not merging it into that thread as you have answers over there, too.

Edited by robertlipe