what does stealth needed mean?

Mgibb64

To me - it means skip this cache.

Likely - it means there is going to be people around looking at you much of the time.

I advise you to not try and be stealthy. That just attracts more undue attention. Instead be bold. Be proud of what you are doing - act as though you are doing nothing wrong (mostly because you aren't!!). Act as though it is your job to find that cache, a job you are very good at and proud to do. Find it. Sign it. Put it back and move on. Carry a clipboard and look professional - you'll blend into the background

It should be mentioned again. If you TRY to not be noticed you will attract more attention than if you just go for the cache. That being said, don't go for a keyholder under a buss bench when there is someone sitting on the bench-we don't want curious muggles (non-cachers) to possibly find it and take it after they see you playing with it. and WHEN you are eventually approached by the poolice BE HONEST.

Hi sorry to be dumb but i was looking for an easy begginer cach and the one i looked at had att for stealth required what does that mean what do i need? thanks

It almost always means the cache is hidden in a poor location. Save such caches for when you are very experienced and/or are in the mood for a frustrating caching experience. What you need is the attitude that you belong there and have every right to be finding something there. Don't try to be stealthy. That just makes you look out of place and people will notice you. It is usually an acquired skill.

Hi sorry to be dumb but i was looking for an easy begginer cach and the one i looked at had att for stealth requied what does that mean what do i need? thanks

There are a couple of schools of thought on this....

1. Trench coat, fedora, and dark glasses. MP3 player with the Peter Gunn theme is optional.

2. Black ninja outfit complete with weapons. Blowgun darts also double as a nano log removal tool.

3. Fluorescent vest, hard hat, and clipboard ....no one questions the maintenance guy.

All kidding aside, there are quite a few cachers who actually use #3 :)

Hi sorry to be dumb but i was looking for an easy begginer cach and the one i looked at had att for stealth requied what does that mean what do i need? thanks

1. Trench coat, fedora, and dark glasses. MP3 player with the Peter Gunn theme is optional.

2. Black ninja outfit complete with weapons. Blowgun darts also double as a nano log removal tool.

3. Fluorescent vest, hard hat, and clipboard ....no one questions the maintenance guy.

aw i've been going out dressed up like number 2 on the list. didn't think of stealing plumbing supplies from my dad. lol!(no. 3)

... Often better done in a group, so that you don't look suspicious.

A group hanging around chatting, whilst one or two search, distracts the onlookers.

Good example is take a couple of young children with you!

I was waiting for this as I began reading the replies. : )

Personally, I think the "exaggerated tip toe" is very effective. Nobody will think you strange as you sneak up on the cache... : )

Think Jim Carrey in "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective":

sneak.png

Edited by knowltonGeo

and WHEN you are eventually approached by the poolice BE HONEST.

LOL- yeah, night caching with the kids one time got us questioned by them guys. A spotlight and "What are you folks doing" greeted us. When I walked to his car and "ah.. well sir, have you ever heard of geocaching?" he was quick to let us carry on.