Nano Size category

TeamTangent

I'm kinda new here, but I've noticed "Nano" caches are becoming pretty mainstream.

The term is used universally to describe a cache about 1/10th the size or less of a 35mm Film Canister; the de-facto "Micro" size.

Web-sites are selling "Nano Geocache Containers": http://www.cachingcontainers.com/sf/Nano_Geocache_Containers

Thus, I propose and argue that adding a "Nano" size category to the database is an inevitability and needs to happen. :)

The cache-size standard would then be:

Nano = ~1/10th a Micro. May need tweezers to retrieve the log

Micro = 35mm Film Canister size

Small = 1 liter soda pop bottle size

Regular = Shoe box / 50mm Ammo Can size

Large = 5 gallon bucket size

I'm kinda new here, but I've noticed "Nano" caches are becoming pretty mainstream.

The term is used universally to describe a cache about 1/10th the size or less of a 35mm Film Canister; the de-facto "Micro" size.

Web-sites are selling "Nano Geocache Containers": http://www.cachingcontainers.com/sf/Nano_Geocache_Containers

Thus, I propose and argue that adding a "Nano" size category to the database is an inevitability and needs to happen. :)

The cache-size standard would then be:

Nano = ~1/10th a Micro. May need tweezers to retrieve the log

Micro = 35mm Film Canister size

Small = 1 liter soda pop bottle size

Regular = Shoe box / 50mm Ammo Can size

Large = 5 gallon bucket size

This has been proposed many times over the years. We are still waiting. Jimmy the Greek has very high odds that it will be implemented.