My "You've Got Mail" cache.

Chino1130

So I have spent the last two days working on my latest cache. I want to leave a huge trading cache out where I live seeing as it's mostly micros and small Tupperware. I'm going to call it "You've Got Mail". Inside will be an envelope addressed to geocachers. My username will be the return recipient, and the stamp will be the geocaching logo. Inside, the envelope will be full sheets of paper to be used as the logs as well as a letter congratulating/informing any muggles. I used natural foliage to make the camouflage. The best part about this container is that it's waterproof out of the box!

Wait for it....

Wait for it........

201208231034165.jpg

would LOVE to own an "air mail" one way up in a tree or pole and have a long magnetic stick to open it as part of early stage of a multi, but never have.

Obviously yours would not get confused for a real mailbox and run the risk of being archived due to being confused with a real one. Looks pretty cool.

:( I thought I was doing something original.

haha, so did I.

It is however original for my area. Has gotten a lot of laughs when a cacher is out roaming around in the bush, and there in a dip in the terrain, is a mail box.

Was thinking of doing another for my toughest cache series. Mail box in the middle of no where, 30-40miles from any real road. Should give a worn out bushwhacking cacher a good giggle.

Original is getting harder and harder to do.

On a whole, yep. In localized areas... Still pretty easy.

We do a lot of traveling with out geocaching company (events and what not) so I get to see some really cool caches and event ideas. Not being very creative, I take some of the good ideas home to show off to my local peers.

Very cool!! I wish there were more containers out there like this. You couldn't be more right about the micros and small tupperware, they are the majority in my area as well.

Park & grabs are way, way too common around here now. This use to be the land of hike in caching. Not so much anymore.

I see it! :grin:

Nice job with the camo. I've been experimenting with different camo styles lately on some of my containers. I must say preparing a cache hide is becoming a game within itself! :)

Hiding caches is the best part of this hobby for me. This was my first time using natural foliage to camouflage something. I am very pleased with how it turned out. You should give it a go.

MY other 2/3rds CJ (part of cerberus1) has one identical - rural mailbox, leaves and all.

- Only it's a "5" up in an old oak and called "AirMail".

For a couple years I had an idea to have a cache in a mailbox 20 feet or more up a tree called "Air mail". Obviously I didn't have an original idea.

Very cool!! I wish there were more containers out there like this. You couldn't be more right about the micros and small tupperware, they are the majority in my area as well.

My favorite is the micro in the woods. Like I'm going to hoof it a half mile back in the woods for a micro with a hint that says "by the tree with the knot".

Yeahhh....

I like your container, BTW.

My favorite is the micro in the woods. Like I'm going to hoof it a half mile back in the woods for a micro with a hint that says "by the tree with the knot".

Yeahhh....

I like your container, BTW.

That's a huge problem where I live. I don't get it. The hiking trail I am putting this off of already has many caches along it. Some are a solid 1000ft+ off the path and are match stick containers. You have all this freaking room. You could hide a car if you disguised it well enough. Yet time and time again the only things I find could be concealed in a closed fist. Not to mention that hardly anyone goes after them because of what you stated. They get a find or two every few months and that's it. I wish I could just have them archived because I would be willing to drop a dozen serious caches out there.

Back on topic, lol. Other than something to store the swag in, my mail box cache is ready to go! I decided to make it a multi-cache BTW. You will not be able to find the box with coordinates.

2012083113395946.jpg

Edited by Chino1130