Need help converting cartridge to "Play Anywhere"

RIclimber

A cartridge is recognized as a play anywhere cartridge by the cartridge object's StartingLocation attribute being set to Wherigo.INVALID_ZONEPOINT.

As for converting a cartridge to be play-anywhere, several people on this forum are capable of assisting you. If no one else volunteers, I will assist you. Since I'll be flying to Illinois on Thursday, I'll either convert the cartridge before then or do so as my in-flight entertainment.

You seem to be on the right track. Hope the Earwigo import works for your existing cartridge.

I can't use Earwigo

A cartridge is recognized as a play anywhere cartridge by the cartridge object's StartingLocation attribute being set to Wherigo.INVALID_ZONEPOINT.

As for converting a cartridge to be play-anywhere, several people on this forum are capable of assisting you. If no one else volunteers, I will assist you. Since I'll be flying to Illinois on Thursday, I'll either convert the cartridge before then or do so as my in-flight entertainment.

I'd love the help. What files do I need to upload?

You may email me a zip file containing the cartridge and all its media.

Here are some questions that need answering:

-- When should the zones be set up? Should there be an item called "Start Game" that informs the person to find a nice open space, or should the cartridge set itself up when opened?

-- Do you want to list this on geocaching.com? If so, one final zone must not be moved as part of the play anywhere modification. Which zone is this and what is the maximum distance the cartridge can be played before the zone should be hidden? What other criteria determines if the final shows?

For the most part, the modifications I do will be in the author script section and the cartridge should still be safe to open in your editor of choice.

You may email me a zip file containing the cartridge and all its media.

Here are some questions that need answering:

-- When should the zones be set up? Should there be an item called "Start Game" that informs the person to find a nice open space, or should the cartridge set itself up when opened?

-- Do you want to list this on geocaching.com? If so, one final zone must not be moved as part of the play anywhere modification. Which zone is this and what is the maximum distance the cartridge can be played before the zone should be hidden? What other criteria determines if the final shows?

For the most part, the modifications I do will be in the author script section and the cartridge should still be safe to open in your editor of choice.

Either start is fine with me, I assume an item would be the user-friendly way.

The cartridge is a maze with an Entrance and exit. It's already been published as a cache. The plays anywhere doesn't need the final coords, I don't see a reason to remove them either.

You seem to be on the right track. Hope the Earwigo import works for your existing cartridge.

I can't use Earwigo

I sent you login details two days ago. If you didn't get them, check your spam filter.

Just found it, for some reason it came in with a blank subject. Thanks.

You wanted something like what I attached to this post? I was interested because it involved Halloween themes, and I'm very involved with that. Anyway, I'm imposing a two second timer between when the game starts to when the zones are moved. This is because the emulator did not like the zones being moved immediately and a one second timer did not always produce the moved zones during testing.

One thing that seemed odd is the cartridge's coordinates were .12 miles (miles for the US, 193 meters for Europe) from the starting location. I changed this so the person is only thirty feet (10 meters) away from the entrance zone. This is the only other modification I did. I did not play through the cartridge (only so much can be done during a lunch break), so I do not know if there might be any issues to address.

And as for clowns and such, I took the picture below last year. Among other things, I fancy myself a professional haunt photographer.

IMG_1379.JPG

PlayanywhereCCFH.zip

You wanted something like what I attached to this post? I was interested because it involved Halloween themes, and I'm very involved with that. Anyway, I'm imposing a two second timer between when the game starts to when the zones are moved. This is because the emulator did not like the zones being moved immediately and a one second timer did not always produce the moved zones during testing.

One thing that seemed odd is the cartridge's coordinates were .12 miles (miles for the US, 193 meters for Europe) from the starting location. I changed this so the person is only thirty feet (10 meters) away from the entrance zone. This is the only other modification I did. I did not play through the cartridge (only so much can be done during a lunch break), so I do not know if there might be any issues to address.

And as for clowns and such, I took the picture below last year. Among other things, I fancy myself a professional haunt photographer.

IMG_1379.JPG

Thanks! The cartridge's coordinates were set for the parking and I never changed them for this version. I'll head out and try this tomorrow, it's exactly what I wanted.

It looks like you start in the SE corner? That's fine, I just want to be sure it's right when I post it on the cartridge page.

I love the photo!

Edited by Downy288