Extra function on map.

-Zuur-

Hallo everybody!

sorry for my bad english but i will do my best.

i hate when i completed a cache puzzle and i look on the map to search for another puzzle i always click the same already completed puzzles.

ill try to make a piece of the map clean of caches! :P

now was my idea that you can make the white piece of the cache another color zo you can see the difference that you already made the puzzle but still not visite the cache.

example:

a normal cache has a bleu question mark and a white back ground. (normal)

a inactive cache has a bleu question mark and a grey back ground. (inactive)

a cache with completed puzzle but not logged seems to be a bleu question mark and the background color can be changed to (example) orange.

i think this gives you way more summary.

i think this wil not be a big issu to make because the background already changed whe the cache is inactive

what do you think of the idea?

tips and questions are always welcome!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=303148 (dutch forum)

Hallo everybody!

i hate when i completed a cache puzzle and i look on the map to search for another puzzle i always click the same already completed puzzles.

now was my idea that you can make the white piece of the cache another color zo you can see the difference that you already made the puzzle but still not visite the cache.

example:

a cache with completed puzzle but not logged seems to be a bleu question mark and the background color can be changed to (example) orange.

i think this wil not be a big issu to make because the background already changed whe the cache is inactive

It is now already possible to have caches you have found removed from the maps. :)

In this way you will only see the caches you have not found, to 'clean your space'. B)

Hallo everybody!

example:

It is now already possible to have caches you have found removed from the maps. :)

In this way you will only see the caches you have not found, to 'clean your space'. B)

yes the found caches are possible to remove.

but i want to mark the caches where i already have the coordinates from (found the solution of the puzzle) but stil haven't go outside to seach for the cache.

that caches i want to mark with a color.

but i want to mark the caches where i already have the coordinates from (found the solution of the puzzle) but still haven't go outside to search for the cache.

I see.

You want the ability to make each cache appear differently depending on your wishes.

'No! Just the puzzles I have the answers for.'

But then others will want to see multi-caches they have started, but not completed, and on and on...

I see how this could be useful, but I think maybe the programming might be too difficult to have each cache appear differently for each user

but i want to mark the caches where i already have the coordinates from (found the solution of the puzzle) but still haven't go outside to search for the cache.

I see.

You want the ability to make each cache appear differently depending on your wishes.

But then others will want to see multi-caches they have started, but not completed, and on and on...

I see how this could be useful, but I think maybe the programming might be too difficult to have each cache appear differently for each user

P.S. Maybe it's time to get out and find those solved puzzles! ;)

I don't see it as being very difficult at all. All we really need is an indicator that the cache has "corrected" coordinates. GSAK has macros that do this with very little effort. Geocaching.com would already have a record of whether each cache has corrected coordinates (in the same way it knows you found it, own it, etc. and displays those differently), so it could just display a little symbol with the cache icon if it has corrected coordinates. Here's what it looks like using a popular GSAK mapping macro:

corrected.jpg

This idea has been suggested many times, most of the time with the suggestion of changing the colour of the icon. Keeping the icon the same and overlaying a small symbol would probably give the same result, too. Of course, this all depends on the large map showing the cache in the corrected position, which it currently doesn't. This suggestion really can't be implemented until that happens.

I don't see it as being very difficult at all. All we really need is an indicator that the cache has "corrected" coordinates. GSAK has macros that do this with very little effort. Geocaching.com would already have a record of whether each cache has corrected coordinates (in the same way it knows you found it, own it, etc. and displays those differently), so it could just display a little symbol with the cache icon if it has corrected coordinates. Here's what it looks like using a popular GSAK mapping macro:

corrected.jpg

This idea has been suggested many times, most of the time with the suggestion of changing the colour of the icon. Keeping the icon the same and overlaying a small symbol would probably give the same result, too. Of course, this all depends on the large map showing the cache in the corrected position, which it currently doesn't. This suggestion really can't be implemented until that happens.

I don't see it as being very difficult at all to! its jus another icon or another background color just like they already do with caches in tat are dissabled.

the icon don't have to replace to other coordinates just on the same place as before only marked that you solved the puzzle.

@ AZcachemeister i'm just solve more caches to go outside an pick them all!! :D

I don't see it as being very difficult at all to! its jus another icon or another background color just like they already do with caches in tat are dissabled.

the icon don't have to replace to other coordinates just on the same place as before only marked that you solved the puzzle.

Changing just the icon would indeed be much easier on the technical side (same is already done for the found icons) but this would be incomplete und could be mistaken.

But you're right. We have to go and catch'em all! :laughing: