Photo Competition - November 2012

Guanajuato

Thanks to Hobgoblin Kiteflier for choosing my pic as the winner for the Ocotber Competition. As usual, there were some excellent entries in there.

The October 2012 competition can be found here.

I've been trying to think of a theme that's broad but give you all something to aim for.

I did originally put water, but someone pointed out that was September's theme. :ph34r: So I've had a rethink. I decided Fire to tie in with bonfire night might be a bit too difficult. So lets go for another element:

Theme: Earth.

Good luck to everyone.

The rules are:

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Maximum of two photos per caching team or cacher.

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Follow the theme

Edited by Guanajuato

Earth? :huh:

I had to think hard about this, we haven't done anything earthy cache-wise recently...

Then I remembered our visit to Banwell Bone Caves in September. They're "under earth" and quite muddy in places and the bones were washed into the caves with mud and rocks during the last Ice Age. Here's MrB enjoying the subterranean atmosphere:

36df7786-3eea-4c93-8f2b-bdeae3ffc45f.jpg

Looks like Indiana Jones B)

Right. Not too many to trawl through this month.

That's a pity. Themes can be fun and I have set them as well. But they do restrict people from posting. I wanted to post an entry this month, but I just didn't have a picture which met the theme.

Perhaps from the New year we should think of scrapping the themes and making the rules that the picture 'must' have been taken the same or previous month, and a link to the cache log is required for proof? That way we keep it open to everyone who wants to participate, but keep it relevant to the time of year.