[FEATURE] QR codes on cache pages

AZcachemeister

The title is pretty self-explanatory.

Could Groundspeak possibly include a QR code on each cache page for smartphone users who are browsing cache listings at home on their computer?

While you wait, you can have a QR code on any web page, using a plugin:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/qr-code-tag-extension/

(I don't know if that particular one is useful. It's just an example.)

Edited by kunarion
Wouldn't it be nice if we could generate a qr or bar code to include in a cache so that smartphones could scan and upload the log info?
I would expect most people who use smartphones while geocaching would already have the cache info in an app on their smartphone, and could use the app to post a log or field note without scanning anything at the cache.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could generate a qr or bar code to include in a cache so that smartphones could scan and upload the log info?
I would expect most people who use smartphones while geocaching would already have the cache info in an app on their smartphone, and could use the app to post a log or field note without scanning anything at the cache.

Yup, easy enough to create a QR code from the URL for the 'log this cache' page...but seemingly not particularly useful.

Maybe the whole idea is pointless, but it could be a step-saver for those spur-of-the-moment 'Hey, I really gotta find that one' caches.

Maybe the whole idea is pointless, but it could be a step-saver for those spur-of-the-moment 'Hey, I really gotta find that one' caches.
Hmm... That's exactly when I have the cache data already in my smartphone app before I even reach GZ.

Although I did think of one situation where this might be useful: when returning to a cache I DNFed earlier. I already know where GZ is, so I don't really need to use my phone to navigate to GZ. But I usually have the cache data handy anyway, because I want to reread the description, hint, and past logs.

Hmm... That's exactly when I have the cache data already in my smartphone app before I even reach GZ.

Although I did think of one situation where this might be useful: when returning to a cache I DNFed earlier. I already know where GZ is, so I don't really need to use my phone to navigate to GZ. But I usually have the cache data handy anyway, because I want to reread the description, hint, and past logs.

NO, NO, NO!

The ability to 'send to my phone' via a QR code on the cache listing page...the whole reason for this thread. ;)