Where is the Photo Gallery?

captaincooder

What a nasty surprise, waking up to this dreadful logo change. And now it appears as if to view any photo that has been posted to a cache listing, one must scroll through each individual log? I hope this was an oversight that is being mended.

Is there a specific cache where this is a problem?

Because I'm still seeing the "View image gallery" link on caches where photos have been uploaded.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

What a nasty surprise, waking up to this dreadful logo change. And now it appears as if to view any photo that has been posted to a cache listing, one must scroll through each individual log? I hope this was an oversight that is being mended.

Is there a specific cache where this is a problem?

Because I'm still seeing the "View image gallery" link on caches where photos have been uploaded.

B.

Just checked, and I still see the link on multiples.... same place it has always been, just above the latest filed log.

The link in the box at the top-right of the page has been removed, but the "View image gallery" link above the logs is still there (if there are any images in the respective gallery).

The link in the box at the top-right of the page has been removed, but the "View image gallery" link above the logs is still there (if there are any images in the respective gallery).

Oh, okay, now I get it.

Maybe they forgot to come up with a new, grey "Gallery" icon.

:rolleyes:

B.

Oh, okay, now I get it.

Maybe they forgot to come up with a new, grey "Gallery" icon.

B.

Yep, if someone clicked on the grey Gallery" icon and got color images, (GASP), they might complain. And they sure don't want people complaining.

Edited by Don_J

That option comes up after your log submission goes through.

And I am with the OP.

I don't see a 'view gallery' icon in the top right nav bar on my nearest cache even though the most recent find posted a pic with their log.

As stated in a previous post, the icon in the nav bar at the top right is not there. The link just above the logs is still there. Why have two links to the same location on the same page?

That option comes up after your log submission goes through.

And I am with the OP.

I don't see a 'view gallery' icon in the top right nav bar on my nearest cache even though the most recent find posted a pic with their log.

As stated in a previous post, the icon in the nav bar at the top right is not there. The link just above the logs is still there. Why have two links to the same location on the same page?

Because some pages have to be scrolled multiple times to get to that link. It's a moving target. A "navigational" link in the "navigational" link section was just fine, Why remove it?

Her is a real good example of why the navigational link for the Gallery should be at the top where it pretty much has always been.

Check out this Gallery

I'm confused. There are NO pictures on that cache page or in any logs. Hence, no gallery.

And I don't think there ever was a link to the gallery in the Navigation box at the upper-right. I have old screen-grabs and non of them have it. Rather, there was a link just above the first log on the page to "View the Image Gallery" - that link is still there.

Her is a real good example of why the navigational link for the Gallery should be at the top where it pretty much has always been.

Check out this Gallery

I'm confused. There are NO pictures on that cache page or in any logs. Hence, no gallery.

And I don't think there ever was a link to the gallery in the Navigation box at the upper-right. I have old screen-grabs and non of them have it. Rather, there was a link just above the first log on the page to "View the Image Gallery" - that link is still there.

I got the impression Don J was referring to the amount of scrolling one has to do on the linked cache page to get to the location of a gallery link if there was one and not to an actual gallery.

I got the impression Don J was referring to the amount of scrolling one has to do on the linked cache page to get to the location of a gallery link if there was one and not to an actual gallery.

Maybe so, but it's always been this way. There has never been a link in the Navigation box in the upper-right.

Check out this Gallery

If your screen grab doesn't have a gallery link, then that cache didn't have an images to form a gallery. If the link was not on a cache page in the nav area, you knew that there were no images posted. Now you have to scroll, which was the point I was trying to make on the linked cache.

I'm not imagining the link. I used it often, especially to see if new images have been posted to my caches. I doubt that the others are imagining it either. No one has ever posted on this and then minutes after the update someone posts and reports that it was gone. Look at post #4 in the Grey Icon thread.

I haven't been part of a mass hallucination since 1985, so I'm pretty sure that the link was real.

:)

I haven't been part of a mass hallucination since 1985, so I'm pretty sure that the link was real.

Don't worry, you aren't hallucinating (at least in this case). There has been a "View gallery" link in the Navigation box for as long as I've been caching. Here are a couple of screenshots that came up in Google searches:

101210-WatchList.jpg

screenshot.png

Notice that the second one is of the previous page layout, so the link has been there for at least two major revisions.