download PQ zip file to Delorme PN 60

Sparkle99

Created a pocket query which was sent to email compressed. Tried opening and Windows Vista could not. Download into my Documents and could not open. Tried to go to my geocache.com premium profile but pq gone since it ran and could not download. Would like to download to a inserted scan disk. Travelling and want to get the pq in soon. Also, tried downloading via Topo 9.0.

I have a pn 60 which I love and hate at times. Have been self taught. Seems like each step takes lots of research. Can anyone help?

Yeah, the last time I went to add a PQ to my Delorme PN-60, the Cache Register tool wouldn't do it. Their site says something about geocaching.com changing the password management guidelines. Try this set of instructions from the site (worked for me, but yep, lots of extra steps):

http://support.delorme.com/questions.php?questionid=114

As for the zip file, did you extract the files to a new folder? If it won't work, try Google searching for an unzipping tool, most of which are free or have a free trial.

Don't OPEN the file, it does you no good.

Simply unzip the file (if zipped) after download.

Plug '60 into computer and turn it on.

Open the device ('60) as an external drive.

Drag 'n Drop the unzipped files (there usually is two of them) to the unit or the SD card, if you are using one.

Shut down the '60.

Unplug it from computer.

Go caching.

Yeah, the last time I went to add a PQ to my Delorme PN-60, the Cache Register tool wouldn't do it. Their site says something about geocaching.com changing the password management guidelines. Try this set of instructions from the site (worked for me, but yep, lots of extra steps):

http://support.delorme.com/questions.php?questionid=114

As for the zip file, did you extract the files to a new folder? If it won't work, try Google searching for an unzipping tool, most of which are free or have a free trial.

Don't OPEN the file, it does you no good.

Simply unzip the file (if zipped) after download.

Plug '60 into computer and turn it on.

Open the device ('60) as an external drive.

Drag 'n Drop the unzipped files (there usually is two of them) to the unit or the SD card, if you are using one.

Shut down the '60.

Unplug it from computer.

Go caching.

Easy to do. (1)Turn on the PN60 (2) go to settings (3)select connect to computer (4)Use GPS will be highlighted, press enter.(5) scroll down to open SD CARD or open INTERNAL DRIVE.

(6)Make sure you have plugged it into the computer. (7) now go to the computer and open the drive through my comupter in XP or computer in windows 7. (8) open waypoints folder in the drive.

drag and drop your GPX file to that folder. (9) close the drive. (10) Back to the PN60 Select connect as a GPS the PN60 will disconnect from the computer as a drive.

(11) go to Geocaches and open your geocache file and go find them.

Easy to do. (1)Turn on the PN60 (2) go to settings (3)select connect to computer (4)Use GPS will be highlighted, press enter.(5) scroll down to open SD CARD or open INTERNAL DRIVE.

(6)Make sure you have plugged it into the computer. (7) now go to the computer and open the drive through my comupter in XP or computer in windows 7. (8) open waypoints folder in the drive.

drag and drop your GPX file to that folder. (9) close the drive. (10) Back to the PN60 Select connect as a GPS the PN60 will disconnect from the computer as a drive.

(11) go to Geocaches and open your geocache file and go find them.