Romance through Geocaching?

Guest dan_edwards_1966

Guest ManuelCasi

I once left a poem I had written about a girl I was dating. We were headed towards the emotional hart-acking break-up (we were just not right for each other)In the poem I discuses "mama nature" and our mutual love for it. At the end I hand wrote "I wonder if you will ever see this" as I had introduced her to geocaching. I doubt she will ever see it. She lives in San Antonio and The cache I left it in was in Houston. To bad it spoke of her in good light. We have not spoken since an emotional outburst she had. You know the one that ends it for good.

Guest dan_edwards_1966

ManuelCasi's experience gives me an idea, so maybe something positive will come from his experience. Using Geocaches as a place to meet people. You could leave semi-anonymous information about yourself and an email address, like a special yahoo or hotmail account. You know you have at least a love for Geocaching in common, which would at least give you something to talk about on the first date. It might even be possible to create caches specifically for this purpose.

Dan

Guest casey4791

With the famous Hallmark holiday just a day away, I thought I'd pull this topic out of the forum black hole.

...or maybe I'm still looking with a desperate ray of hope that I might still get a date! icon_wink.gif

SWF, loves new coordinates and yo-yo's (the plastic kind)...looking for SWM who enjoys the same and who doesn't mind killing the occassional insect. tongue.gif

Guest casey4791

With the famous Hallmark holiday just a day away, I thought I'd pull this topic out of the forum black hole.

...or maybe I'm still looking with a desperate ray of hope that I might still get a date! icon_wink.gif

SWF, loves new coordinates and yo-yo's (the plastic kind)...looking for SWM who enjoys the same and who doesn't mind killing the occassional insect. tongue.gif

We had a marriage proposal in a cache here in NJ as well See the Sea at Hartshorne look at the Dec 1, 2001 log.

Problem is there is a distinct lack of single geocaching woman in NJ. Not a one that I've found yet. Maybe I'll have to start hunting caches in other states. I hear there's alot of geobabes down south icon_smile.gif

We had a marriage proposal in a cache here in NJ as well See the Sea at Hartshorne look at the Dec 1, 2001 log.

Problem is there is a distinct lack of single geocaching woman in NJ. Not a one that I've found yet. Maybe I'll have to start hunting caches in other states. I hear there's alot of geobabes down south icon_smile.gif

Mopar hit it on the head,

Although, I don't know where he got the idea that the south is bubbling with single women roaming the woods with a GPS V in their hands.

Very few single Geocaching women around here. I somehow manage to get myself involved into all kinds of mostly-men activities.

The darn engineering department of my school must be 95% men, even though the campus as a whole is 59% women.

On the romancing note, I have brought a small number of women Geocaching with me. One refers to it as "that little game you play" but I think she's warming up to it. She's asked a couple questions about GPS's the last couple of times I spoke with her.

Jamie

[This message has been edited by JamieZ (edited 13 February 2002).]

Guest web-ling

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Come on down to Texas. People are always leaving geobabes in caches around here (Took the golf ball, left a geobabe...) Nutri-Mom won't let me trade for one, though. icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by web-ling (edited 13 February 2002).]

Guest web-ling

quote:

Come on down to Texas. People are always leaving geobabes in caches around here (Took the golf ball, left a geobabe...) Nutri-Mom won't let me trade for one, though. icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by web-ling (edited 13 February 2002).]

quote:

...there's alot of geobabes down south icon_smile.gif

Hmm, I think I was the victim of some inside joke that I don't know about.

That there is straight from the Department of Redundancy Department.

Jamie

quote:

...there's alot of geobabes down south icon_smile.gif

Hmm, I think I was the victim of some inside joke that I don't know about.

That there is straight from the Department of Redundancy Department.

Jamie

Guest coralgeo

et a date!

Me too! Sounds like some of the guys in this activity (or atleast in this forum?) don't realize there are single women geocachers out here.

• SWF looking for SWM who enjoys day hiking, travel, and owns GPS. Send photo of GPS icon_wink.gif

------------------

http://www.scubasue.com

Into a melody of deep blue; shells drifting downward to sink and settle on the seafloor. An earth song of creation kneads them into stone, draws aside the waves and lifts them into mountains.

-Nancy Penrose

Guest coralgeo

quote:
...or maybe I'm still looking with a desperate ray of hope that I might still get a date!

Me too! Sounds like some of the guys in this activity (or atleast in this forum?) don't realize there are single women geocachers out here.

• SWF looking for SWM who enjoys day hiking, travel, and owns GPS. Send photo of GPS icon_wink.gif

------------------

Into a melody of deep blue; shells drifting downward to sink and settle on the seafloor. An earth song of creation kneads them into stone, draws aside the waves and lifts them into mountains.

-Nancy Penrose

Guest coralgeo

et a date!

------------------

-Nancy Penrose

Guest coralgeo

quote:
...or maybe I'm still looking with a desperate ray of hope that I might still get a date!

------------------

-Nancy Penrose

quote:
Originally posted by coralgeo:

SWM, Loves the ocean and outdoors. gps76Thumb.jpg

[This message has been edited by Mopar (edited 13 February 2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by coralgeo:

SWM, Loves the ocean and outdoors. gps76Thumb.jpg

[This message has been edited by Mopar (edited 13 February 2002).]

Guest LoCache

I will be sure and let all of the lovely ladies of the GGA know that they are known across the continent as GeoBabes! ;-)

I haven't heard of any real romances STARTING from Geocaching in this area, but I have seen a few happy couples spending their quality time together doing this.

Geo

Guest Katetrex

Geeeez, no wonder the men of this forum think single women who geocache are rare..."Geobabes?"

Geobabe just sounds like a woman whose single brain cell is in danger of death by loneliness.

Guest Choberiba

quote:
Originally posted by Katetrex:

Geobabe just sounds like a woman whose single brain cell is in danger of death by loneliness.

You owe me a new keyboard Katetrex.. ha ha

I agree, men can really be insensitive and say the darndest things. As if women were objects rather than people. cool.gif

Mine's bigger than yours Mopar.

gps.jpg

--

Why can't you just call it "Subspace"? - Col. Kitty Hawk

quote:
Originally posted by Katetrex:

Geeeez, no wonder the men of this forum think single women who geocache are rare..."Geobabes?"

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. As Jamie alluded to, there is a bit of an inside joke there. I think those "geobabes" who are in on it understand already. It stems from many late nite chats in the geocaching chatroom. Often while joking around, EVERYTHING involved with caching gets "geo" added to it as a prefix. Geoattractivewoman just doesnt have the ring to it that geobabe does.

quote:
Originally posted by LoCache:

I will be sure and let all of the lovely ladies of the GGA know that they are known across the continent as GeoBabes! ;-)

I think they already know icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LoCache:

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:

You never explained to ME that you had an implant, Mopar... didn't they use an elephant's trunk? Oh! You meant your GPS UNIT! Sorry...

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:

You never explained to ME that you had an implant, Mopar... didn't they use an elephant's trunk? Oh! You meant your GPS UNIT! Sorry...

quote:
Originally posted by T-storm:

On geobabes... see my post near the top of the General: Pics of Everyone II topic. It's really not as bad as it sounds, just a bit of silliness to amuse those who can't sleep late at night!

T-storm

This coming from one of the original geobabes icon_smile.gif Not to leave the other 2 geobabe sisters out.... Hi Red! Goss!

[This message has been edited by Mopar (edited 15 February 2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by T-storm:

On geobabes... see my post near the top of the General: Pics of Everyone II topic. It's really not as bad as it sounds, just a bit of silliness to amuse those who can't sleep late at night!

T-storm

This coming from one of the original geobabes icon_smile.gif Not to leave the other 2 geobabe sisters out.... Hi Red! Goss!

[This message has been edited by Mopar (edited 15 February 2002).]

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:

As one of the afformentioned "GeoBabes" (me, Gossamyrh and T-Storm while in the chatroom), considering who it is that dubbed us that, I take no offense. In fact, I think that GeoMopar needs to get off the geo-fence, but that opens a whole different can of geoworms.

This whole geo-gall-darned topic I suppose could be tied into the geo-point that I have never minded being called a "wench" or "b!tch" when the titles are taken in context from someone who knows me, knows my personality and my behavior.

(as an aside: Women Entitled to a Night of Complete Happiness -and- Being In Total Control of Herself ...among others...)

I am secure enough in my own geo-female-ness not to be offended easily by those not up to the current standards of geo-political-correctness, whatever they may now be.

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

[This message has been edited by RedwoodRed (edited 15 February 2002).]

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:

As one of the afformentioned "GeoBabes" (me, Gossamyrh and T-Storm while in the chatroom), considering who it is that dubbed us that, I take no offense. In fact, I think that GeoMopar needs to get off the geo-fence, but that opens a whole different can of geoworms.

This whole geo-gall-darned topic I suppose could be tied into the geo-point that I have never minded being called a "wench" or "b!tch" when the titles are taken in context from someone who knows me, knows my personality and my behavior.

(as an aside: Women Entitled to a Night of Complete Happiness -and- Being In Total Control of Herself ...among others...)

I am secure enough in my own geo-female-ness not to be offended easily by those not up to the current standards of geo-political-correctness, whatever they may now be.

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

[This message has been edited by RedwoodRed (edited 15 February 2002).]

Guest TJWilson

here's an idea, a website for GeoDating. Only Geocachers will be listed there with e-mail addy's and home co-ords so that members of the opposite sex in the same general area can contact them.

good idea? bad idea?

I'd be willing to do the work for the page, as long as someone can run it off their server.

------------------

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Guest coralgeo

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

Overhead, in the not-too-distant future:

"Yeah, she was a Garmin user. We just weren't compatible."

ROFL! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

-Nancy Penrose

Guest coralgeo

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

Overhead, in the not-too-distant future:

"Yeah, she was a Garmin user. We just weren't compatible."

ROFL! icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

-Nancy Penrose

Guest dan_edwards_1966

quote:
Originally posted by TJWilson:

here's an idea, a website for GeoDating. Only Geocachers will be listed there with e-mail addy's and home co-ords so that members of the opposite sex in the same general area can contact them.

good idea? bad idea?

I'd be willing to do the work for the page, as long as someone can run it off their server.

Well one of the reasons I started this discussion was that was thinking about starting a "Love Cache" in Loveland, CO with just that theme.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=9696

If anyone wants to run more of them I would be willing to give them access to the server running the web page. Heck it could use some work, it's simple and very functional, but I have not had to time to really give it the punch it deserves.

Also if anyone wants to create a "Love Cache" in another area let me know. I will send you the info that you need to include in your cache.

Dan

[This message has been edited by dan_edwards_1966 (edited 19 February 2002).]

Guest TJWilson

e-mail me the specs on the server and maybe a list of what you'd like it to do and I'll see what I can do for you. Also, what lanugage is it programed in and what OS is it running?

TJWilson

------------------

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.