Big Bag 'O' Doots... Can someone explain this?

I'll tell the story fisrt. I was coming back down a trail one day when I spotted a bulging plastic grocery bag hanging off a tree... Of course I was curious, so I investigate...

Crap...

Yes, I found a big bag full of crap. And I mean full, this was like a whole family of crap and their closest crap neighbors. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for "trash out", but I'll be damned if I'm carting a full pastic bag of crap home in my car. So I head home, laughing, and forget about it... Until...

I see another big bag of crap several weeks later, in a competely different park. Same deal, plastic grocery bag, full, hanging off a branch. Hmmmm...

And tonight, same thing again, big steaming bag full of crap, tied to a tree.

Now, either I'm missing out on the most extraordinary game *EVAR!* ("Hey man, let go hide a bag of crap in the woods") or the doot fairies have invaded Colorado Springs... I've been camping and mountain biking for years and I've never seen this before. And as I write this it struck me... Who would go thru SOOOOOO much trouble to repeatedly take a dump in a bag, tie it to a tree, and just leave it there? It seems they put so much effort into it already, it'd be a shame for it to go to waste...

geosig.jpg

Contents Under Pressure...

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

You did say this was in the woods. You are in Colorado. There are bears in Colorado. So what's the mystery?

So there is a pack of bears running around placing doot into plastic bags in the woods! Wow and I thought I just had to worry about being eaten by one, now after they they eat me they are going to hang me in a plastic bag in the woods. Strange.

A = A

Quite frankly, that is THE weirdest, most disgusting thing I have ever heard about since I began geocaching. What is up with that?!? And, no offense, but I hope the happy crapper crew stays confined to your area of the country! Yuck!

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more." ~Mark Twain

Could be that these are the product of a relatively new geocacher with a pretty warped sense of what constitutes a good cache. He's been going around "hiding" his caches and just hasn't had a chance to post them yet. After all, we always encourage people to be more creative with their caches icon_smile.gif

Hmm...now I'm beginning to reconsider my decision not to hide my "Big Bag o' Chicken Guts" cache. icon_biggrin.gif

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

Could be that these are the product of a relatively new geocacher with a pretty warped sense of what constitutes a good cache. He's been going around "hiding" his caches and just hasn't had a chance to post them yet. After all, we always encourage people to be more creative with their caches icon_smile.gif

Hmm...now I'm beginning to reconsider my decision not to hide my "Big Bag o' Chicken Guts" cache. icon_biggrin.gif

60748_1200.jpg

I have to admit that I have no idea who or why anyone would do something like that - but it is a great story! Do you have any pictures you could post?

Thanks for the good laugh though (my stomach hurts after laughing at the thought of stumbling on something like that.) And I now have a new word to add to my vocabulary - I'd never heard the word "doot" before.

quote:
Originally posted by GatoRx:

Thanks for the good laugh though (my stomach hurts after laughing at the thought of stumbling on something like that.) And I now have a new word to add to my vocabulary - I'd never heard the word "doot" before.

It's been so common around here that I figured I was missing out on some "secret crap code" that as an amateur, I should know... Perhaps dump in a bag and the next person does the same... Hell, I don't know. Nothing beats a perfectly packaged logbridge in a grocery sack.. no sireeee no... gimme some of that dump action baaaaaby...

Unfortunately, I didn't find the "Bag 'O' Crap" picture worthy... But I will leave you with a quote from Dave Barry...

"Look Jane, Spot made a big doot!"

I do regularly visit areas I've been to before, I'll be sure to take the good camera and see if I can get a festering "load bag" as a jpg... **** (ha ha) I might make it my background...

geosig.jpg

There's a cache near me, in a very swampy area. The hider placed it in a bag and suspended it from a tree, about four feet off the ground. can you see where I'm going?

----------

One banana, two banana, three banana, four.

Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more.

quote:
Originally posted by Acceptable Risk:

I'll tell the story fisrt. I was coming back down a trail one day when I spotted a bulging plastic grocery bag hanging off a tree... Of course I was curious, so I investigate...

Crap...

Yes, I found a big bag full of crap. And I mean full, this was like a whole family of crap and their closest crap neighbors. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for "trash out", but I'll be damned if I'm carting a full pastic bag of crap home in my car. ....

Is there a rule about picking up after your dog at this place? Maybe the bag was a protest against people who *don't* clean up after their poochies.

wcgreen

--

Wendy Chatley Green

wcgreen@eudoramail.com

I found this cache a few weeks ago. It's uncovered and near a man-made dam on private property (hidden by the property owner, so no trespassing involved). While I was walking around on the dam (and in the wrong location), I spotted a plastic bag hanging from a tree and noticed a zillion flies buzzing around over top of it.

Curious, I approached and was hit by the smell of something fetid. I didn't have the heart, nor the stomach, to look inside, but it contained a significant amount of brown material (why is it that, in nature, stinky stuff is usually brown?). I figured that it must be some home-made fly trap placed there by the property owner since I encountered a lot of biting flies during the hunt.

Maybe that's the explanation.

60748_1200.jpg

I've visited several parks with horse trails where similar "bagging" occurs ... from what I can tell, the "night shift" guy walks the trails, scoops the stuff into bags, ties them up, and leaves them along the side of the trail. (I've also seen dog walkers bag up after their dog's and leave the bags along the side of the trails.)The next morning, the "day shift" guys go around in a truck picking up the bags and chucking them into the back ... sounds like a union operation. icon_wink.gif

I wonder if there is an afternoon part-timer who takes the bags from the truck, unties them, and adds the contents to one huge dung heap?

I've visited several parks with horse trails where similar "bagging" occurs ... from what I can tell, the "night shift" guy walks the trails, scoops the stuff into bags, ties them up, and leaves them along the side of the trail. (I've also seen dog walkers bag up after their dog's and leave the bags along the side of the trails.)The next morning, the "day shift" guys go around in a truck picking up the bags and chucking them into the back ... sounds like a union operation. icon_wink.gif

I wonder if there is an afternoon part-timer who takes the bags from the truck, unties them, and adds the contents to one huge dung heap?

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Wonder what their job interviews were like??? icon_smile.gif

60748_1200.jpg

quote:

Wonder what their job interviews were like??? icon_smile.gif

60748_1200.jpg

Really enjoyed reading the "yearbook."

This thread brought back to mind an experience we had down at Colonial Williamsburg back at the start of the summer. It was dusk, and we were starting out on one of the night time tavern tours to hear ghost tales, and the streets were well-covered with piles of horse exhaust ... I wondered how we would manage to avoid walking through it in the dark, traveling between buildings.

As if by miracle, during the 15 or 20 minutes we were in the first tavern, the streets became spotless. Obviously, the King's employee "Poopsmith" at work! icon_wink.gif

Really enjoyed reading the "yearbook."

This thread brought back to mind an experience we had down at Colonial Williamsburg back at the start of the summer. It was dusk, and we were starting out on one of the night time tavern tours to hear ghost tales, and the streets were well-covered with piles of horse exhaust ... I wondered how we would manage to avoid walking through it in the dark, traveling between buildings.

As if by miracle, during the 15 or 20 minutes we were in the first tavern, the streets became spotless. Obviously, the King's employee "Poopsmith" at work! icon_wink.gif

When I was a kid, my brother and I came across a big brown paper bag full of crap in the woods not far from my neighborhood. After carefully kicking the bag and poking it we moved on. We figured it to be from a kennel or the result of some dog owner's spring cleaning. Maybe this same guy moved west but felt the need to take advantage of the features of present day shopping bags.

On another note, I had the misfortune of being in the back of some lazy dog owner's cruddy apartment. Some poor dog had to live there literally 24 hours a day. In the corner was a poo pyramid about a foot and a half high.

quote:

quote:

"horse exhaust" <------

You are my new god. I do believe I will find every opportunity to sneak this into my conversations...

http://www.acceptable-risk.com/images/geosig.jpg

While we're deifying fellow cachers, I have to comment that your avatar of the kitten in the pint glass makes you one of my more respected heroes. From your profile, I'd hazard a guess that you took that picture yourself. I think that might actually fit into a larger cache. icon_biggrin.gif

60748_1200.jpg

quote:

quote:

"horse exhaust" <------

You are my new god. I do believe I will find every opportunity to sneak this into my conversations...

http://www.acceptable-risk.com/images/geosig.jpg

While we're deifying fellow cachers, I have to comment that your avatar of the kitten in the pint glass makes you one of my more respected heroes. From your profile, I'd hazard a guess that you took that picture yourself. I think that might actually fit into a larger cache. icon_biggrin.gif

60748_1200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Lyra:

"Uhh Bartender, there's something in my beer!" icon_eek.gif

quote:

"Uhh Bartender, there's something in my beer!" icon_eek.gif

quote:

Took: Pint glass full of cat

Left: Puma

Always trade up icon_smile.gif

geosig.jpg

quote:

Took: Pint glass full of cat

Left: Puma

Always trade up icon_smile.gif

geosig.jpg

Excuse me there AR ...

But would you post the cache in which you left that there puma kitty? I really hate suprises!

I also give your avatar an 11 out of 10.. It took me quite a while to figure out that those were paws pressed against the glass!

>Personally Responsible for the Recovery of .00217% of the Benchmark Database!<--watch this number!

I was in colorado a week or so ago and decided to hide a few biodegradable caches that I wouldn't have to go back and check on. I think I'll refrain from posting them now.... you know that was a lot of burritos too. LMAO

I was laughing so hard reading this thread i had to keep stoping to wipe my eyes and Shadow came running to see what that noise was that I was making each time I tried to stifle a laugh.

Eeyore

It took a GPS to get me away from technology.

quote:
Originally posted by scoobydum:

Reminds me of something sick and twisted I saw a while back... http://www.bonsaikitten.com/

Sick and twisted, I LIKE that.

LOL... bonsaikitten! I forgot about that...

Cats are soooo much easier to stack when they're shaped like blocks. icon_smile.gif

And since this crap thread needs more cats...

kitten.jpg

geosig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by scoobydum:

Reminds me of something sick and twisted I saw a while back... http://www.bonsaikitten.com/

Sick and twisted, I LIKE that.

LOL... bonsaikitten! I forgot about that...

Cats are soooo much easier to stack when they're shaped like blocks. icon_smile.gif

And since this crap thread needs more cats...

kitten.jpg

geosig.jpg

WERE THESE LOCATIONS FREQUENTED BY HUNTERS? SOME ANTI HUNTING PERSON MAY HAVE LEFT THE BAG OF GOODIES IN ORDER TO SCARE OFF GAME FROM THE AREA, TO AVOID THE HUNTERS. MY GRADFATHER USED TO COLLECT HAIR FROM THE LOCAL BARBERSHOP AND PUT IN SOCKS TO KEEP DEER OUT OF HIS GARDENS, BUT HE NEVER WENT THAT FAR!!!